• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEVER buy from ebay until fully awake in the morning!

31 posts in this topic

I've been looking for a 1981-S Ty2 Jefferson for my registry set for a little while. In PF69Dcam, they have been going for over $35-40. Well I finally bid on one this morning and I bid $35 with $2 s&h and got outbid. So I did the infamous ebay "similar items" search. Found a ty2 with a $59.99 w/$3 s&h or best offer, so I decided to give a best offer of $32. It was accepted and I paid right away. Anyway I decide I'm gonna go back into the auction and save a pic of the sellers coin for my records and this is what I bought! doh!

1981sty2qtr.jpg

There is always a chance that the discoloration is in the photo....not much , but...

...and there is hope that the marks are on the holder and can be polished out...

....I say drink a lot of coffee if your surf'n the 'bay in the morning.

There is always a chance that the discoloration is in the photo....not much , but...

...and there is hope that the marks are on the holder and can be polished out...

....I say drink a lot of coffee if your surf'n the 'bay in the morning.

Do you also think I might be able to grind down the Qtr to look like a nickel? lol

There is always hope....that could be the wrong picture?

I , obviously have not had MY coffee yet....as I'm not driving out in a few ( my partner is driving out while I am supposed to sleep in the bunk )....so ....HEY ...at least I'M not crazy enough to get on the 'Bay half-awake ! :) :)

Ummm.........Nice pick-up on that 'Jefferson' Quarter ?

I feel for you, Bobby. doh! You ought to tell the guy to keep the coin and the shipping and refund your purchase price 'cause it was the wrong denomination.

p.s. Still enjoying my business strike NGC MS67 '65 nickel that I got from you. ;) It is my birthyear. I'd still love a strong cameo 1965 cent at some point or the other.

I feel for you, Bobby. doh! You ought to tell the guy to keep the coin and the shipping and refund your purchase price 'cause it was the wrong denomination.

p.s. Still enjoying my business strike NGC MS67 '65 nickel that I got from you. ;) It is my birthyear. I'd still love a strong cameo 1965 cent at some point or the other.

Naw, it was my fault and I should've paid more attention to what I was doing. I would just crack the thing and put it in my Dansco but there isn't a slot for this yr and type.

I'm with Coin - you might want to wait until after your second cup of coffee to fire up the ol' computer. :)

Most of us have done as bad or worse, so don't sweat it. Just hang on to it for a while or trade on the marketplace. (or both)

Well, there was that one time I bought an MS67 cent for my set. I thought the auction title said it was "Certified by NGC." It was actually "Certified by NNC." Silly me. doh!

We have all done it before...though some won't admit it lol

I think mine was one of those purchases that I made based on some incorrect data in the PCGS price guide.....it said a Kennedy half dollar was worth like $300 bucks so I hit a BIN within a Ebay store for $60 thinking I got a sweet deal. The guide actually should have read $30 so the coin could be had for like $15-$20 and I paid $60 + shipping doh!

If it makes you feel any better...I did the dame thing with a seated dime...got a half dime instead...I don't drink coffee...but I DO need to learn to read everything THOROUGHLY before bidding.

I bought a 1976 Bicentennial Half that was PCGS PR-69 Cam, when I thouht it was DCAM. Luckily I realized it immediately and told the seller, and he agreed to cancel the transaction for me.

Whew! It's good to know that you are all human beings. I have been scared to sign up or post anything because everyone seemed so "A-game in the group!

Brad

I can tell you haven't been around here for that long. There's some real screw-ups on here! lol

There's some real screw-ups on here! lol

Reporting for duty! :insane:

Speak for yourself there Bobby! ;)

Eh, we all make mistakes Brad. The difference is what you do with them.

There's some real screw-ups on here! lol

Reporting for duty! :insane:

Speak for yourself there Bobby! ;)

Eh, we all make mistakes Brad. The difference is what you do with them.

:jokealert: You know there isn't a person on this forum that I don't like!! (thumbs u

Whew! It's good to know that you are all human beings. I have been scared to sign up or post anything because everyone seemed so "A-game in the group!

Brad

Haha ! guess you ain't been reading the posts from the Daft Englishman then lol:insane:lol

? is there a letter lower than "Z" ? that's "Zed" in English :applause:

:jokealert: You know there isn't a person on this forum that I don't like!! (thumbs u

That's good to know, friend. Now, loan me two dollas! :angel:

You need to set your sights higher.

Will ya take a check? lol

How about 2 iraqi dinars!! :devil:

You need to set your sights higher.

He didn't say which dollars. I'll take an 1804 Class I and a 1794, please.