• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm a glutton for punishment...

14 posts in this topic

I adjusted the images by eye to resemble the coins, so it's not perfect. The nickel has much more iridescence tha the photograph doesn't seem to capture. The dollar is pretty true, except the yellow which I couldn't completely eliminate. Both coin photos still have a yellowish cast the camera seems to add.

1913buffalo.jpg

1921dollar.jpg

The 5cent looks about MS-64+

The $1 is a bit lower, more like MS-61ish, there is some decent wear in Liberty's hair and on the eagle's feathers

The buffalo def. has a shot to 65. The strike is certainly above avg. Couple of nicks might keep from going higher. Nice coin there!

Thanks. It looks really nice in person.

Not as gold as the photos, but it does have a gold tint and it's not plated.

The dollar has some scratches and wear near the hair but the high-relief is really evident on it.

They should reissue this design in gold!

Are these images any better, after trying to compensate for white balance? I do not like the color on the Buffalo, so I'll go with MS-60, AT. The Peace dollar doesn't look right either, but it seems abraded to me, so I'll say AU-50.

junk7840.jpg

junk7841.jpg

Yes, a little better but the color still looks more "golden" then I recall it looking in person.

I'll look at the coin and compare when I'm home where the coin is later.

Thanks

I readjusted the photos to look closer to the originals.

I really like the strike on this Buff. (thumbs u

That is a nice strike on the Buffalo isn't it!

1913buffalo.jpg

1921dollar.jpg

That is a nice strike on the Buffalo isn't it!

1913buffalo.jpg

I have (or should I say had) a T-1 like yours in a PCGS 66 holder and your strike looks to be maybe even stronger. The last part missing in order for these buffs of this type and year to be consider a full strike would be the detail in the upper feather on the obverse and the tip of the buffalo's head on the reverse. I think yours falls in the good strike category, not quite a full strike. But grade wise could easily be a 66 if not bb'd for any unforeseen problem, such as AT. A corrected white balance on the camera might show the color a little better.

it is usually a SHOOT with the services for AT NT debate

i see many coins rejected by the services that are no brainer NT and many many LOTS OF OTHERS CERTIFIED by the services that are no brainer AT

all depends on the day and whom is grading that day along with multiple re-submissions to finally get somethnng in a holder

or..................................................

more simply put

if the coin doesn't fit (get into a holder) re-dip and/or resubmit