• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kennedy Proofs

15 posts in this topic

If you had a Registry set of Kennedy Proofs, where would you go to sell them? I need a new truck, and I want to get rid of my Registry set, but it seems Ebay is the only place to do it, and I don't want to bother with one coin at a time. Any ideas???

In my experience, you'll do much, much better selling the coins individually. All sets that I've accumulated and then sold intact, I lost big on.

p.s. What grade is your 1964 Kennedy? I may be interested in it.

The 64 is Pf69 Cameo, the 64 AH is PF69, no Cam. The whole Set is #23 on the Registry here, it's titled "Half A Buck".

I was hoping to sell the complete set as a unit, but, if worse comes to worse, I may start "parting it out".

The 64 is Pf69 Cameo, the 64 AH is PF69, no Cam. The whole Set is #23 on the Registry here, it's titled "Half A Buck".

I was hoping to sell the complete set as a unit, but, if worse comes to worse, I may start "parting it out".

I am sorry but I think parting it out is the best thing!!

Call professional dealers that cater to registry participants .

You would not call Pizza Hut to get a prices for these ,and you would not call The Early American Copper Society for pricing on these.

You need to get in touch with the sellers that do the deals with the buyers that do the registry sets.

If you can do the deal yourself , directly , with the buyer of registry material , then it would be better for you to cut the middle man out and go straight to the bottom line.

There are about a handful of names that come to mind for dealers in this type of market , many advertise in the periodicals on sale at newstands.

R& I coins ...Rick Tomaska

MCM ....John Maben

......go and look at the ads in the newsprint and see who deals with this stuff ...research the company or individual and go from there.

....or list what you think is fair in the online forum here on the boards under the for sale section .

....there are auction venues , but you better be prepared to take control or they will do that and wholesale your stuff for next to nothing , if they even agree to take on the consignment in the first place ....auction houses are very persnickety buffoons sometimes .

Good luck.

ive sold 3 sets and its not pretty. hope you do better than me :)

Ditto - unless you are real good at marketing ...

ive sold 3 sets and its not pretty. hope you do better than me :)

Ditto - unless you are real good at marketing ...

(thumbs u

the key to this set is marketing 100% correct you need to find the right buyer

if it is slabbed pcgs and finest known then heritage is your route to sell

if something other than the above......................

then contacting other registry set holders and offering it to them and/or teletrade and/or ebay

good luck

.... and I don't want to bother with one coin at a time. Any ideas???

That's obviously your choice. However, chances are excellent that you will net more by selling the coins individually. Generally speaking, the greater the number coins sold as a lot and/or the greater the total value, the fewer potential buyers (at strong money) there are.

By far the easiest and best way to sell this set is coin by coin on eBay. There aren't that many coins in the set and it could easily be imaged and listed in a couple of hours.

If you don't want to do the work yourself, there are many dealers, myself included, that will take these coins and sell them on eBay for you for a percentage.

Outside of eBay, TeleTrade, and a very few dealers, there are no other markets for slabbed moderns.

Well, they're selling like hotcakes! Problem is, they're selling for about the same prices as hotcakes :-)

Good news, is that my new (2008) truck is in, and I should have it Tuesday, or Wednesday! Ford, single cab, flareside 4x4...