• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to the JadeCoin boys?

69 posts in this topic

And as I have stated before, the PCGS does in fact guaranty pedigree. It would be no different if the coin were counterfeit and in a PCGS slab.

Michael

According to David Hall they don't.

Although I agree - they certainly should.

I personally know of many who have sworn to never submit another coin to PCGS. What's worse - they have sworn to never buy another coin in a PCGS slab.

Why would that be "worse". I find that to be great! I would be one of those collectors. I swore off of PCGS coins and submitting to HisRoyalHighness over 5 years ago. I vote with my pocketbook and PCGS gets none of it.

No PCGS for me. 27_laughing.gif

Why would that be "worse". I find that to be great! I would be one of those collectors. I swore off of PCGS coins and submitting to HisRoyalHighness over 5 years ago. I vote with my pocketbook and PCGS gets none of it.

No PCGS for me. 27_laughing.gif

Worse for PCGS. And - bad for the hobby as we know it as well.

I am greatly in favor of the concept of having a 3rd party grading industry. I think it has a lot for the hobby on the whole. It could do a lot more.

But it is stuff like this that hurts the hobby and collectors alike. For it further reinforces the element of concern that not everything is on the up n up. Let that happen often enough - and before ya know it the climate of the coin market could easily be right back where it was when the market crashed in the 80s.

I don't know about the rest of you - but I'd just as soon that not happen.

According to David Hall they don't.

It really isn't up to David Hall what PCGS does or doesn't guaranty. The law implies and enforces a duty upon PCGS which when not followed -- is indicative of negligence. It's just a matter of someone stepping up to the plate and filing a civil lawsuit against PCGS. I'm sure PCGS would back down quicker than you can utter the word guaranty. I understand they have a very sharp attorney working for them.

Again, this applies to pedigrees, not grading, which is subjective.

Michael

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In some ways, Collectors have short term memories. Although PCGS has refused to honor this $2,500.00 debacle, there are many on the PCGS side that believe PCGS will step up and purchase back the $40,000.00+ "PR70DCAM" 1963 Lincoln mistake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are going to have to outbid me for it!

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

John

OK, I was semi-serious when I said I was going to bid on it. I think it would be nice to own as something to point to for registry set stupidity. I'd have paid $500 for it without hesitation and probably a lot more.

The coin is now sitting at $51,750. I'll admit that I thought this coin would sell for $1500-$2000 this time around just for the novelty aspect of it.

Is there really a bigger insufficiently_thoughtful_person than John Troy? Is this an insane reserve that won't be met? Shill bidding? Fake bidding? The price of copper rising caused this?

Greg,

It has been a practice since auctions began that shill bidding is around. However, I was told by two dealers that there is a new twist. I don't know if this is factual or conjecture, but I only assume it with a grain of salt. I was told that the owners of these top pop coins sometimes will have arrangements with some auction houses to bid as the buyers and not have a reserve. So the coins appear to sell, but really don't. Somewhat like the Teletrade practice of bidding on your own coin and appearing to have sold for an incredible amount of money, only for the coin to reappear in another auction and selling for less. Things are not always the way they appear.

TRUTH

Good. It's spreading. I liked that third post so much with that letter that I cut and pasted it into an email, embellished it some, tweaked it a bit, spiced it up, (all very professionally), and fired an e-mail out my self to PCGS, aka PayCGS, aka PCGSatan. flamed.gif

Rob

Everyone get off your arses and send your feelings and sentiments. How long does an e-mail take, 2 minutes max.? Come on men, (and ladies)!!!!!!!

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

their e-mail is: info@davidhall.com devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif