• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reverse Facing Forward Question

10 posts in this topic

If I submit coins to NGC or they are submitted through NCS, will NGC automatically put the reverse side facing forward (assuming the rev. beautifully toned and the obv. is white) or would I have to specifically request that this be done?

Dragon

• Administrator

If you would like to have a coin holdered with the reverse forward, you must specifically and clearly request it on your submission form.

dena- Do you still reserve the right to not place the coin reverse side forward?

For example, I submit a common, nothing, Ike proof with the request of the reverse side up for no real reason. Do you honor that request or do you have the right to not do so?

• Administrator

I can answer that one for you. Indeed, NGC does reserve the right to NOT place any coin reverse up in the holder. We reserve that distinction for coins with particularly attractive toning on the reverse.

So if I am submitting coins to NCS that have pretty rev. toning and they are going straight to NGC from there, do I have to tell NCS to inform NGC that I want them rev. facing up when graded?

Dragon

• Administrator

Yes, you will need to make it clear to NCS that upon transferring the coins to NGC, you would like the graders to review the coin for "Reverse Up". NGC will not automatically place a coin reverse side up unless it is specifically requested by the submitter.

• Administrator

You caught me! You're right - some error coins will be encapsulated reverse up where warranted - and again at our discretion.

-Sarah