• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC All Time Finest Registry Sets

8 posts in this topic

I would like some feedback as to what other NGC Registry collectors would think about this? PCGS already has this as part of their registry. I think it would be a great addition to the NGC registry cause you could see where your sets rank compared to the all time finest collections, not just the current ones.

In some ways we already have something similar. Just look at the winners for "Best Modern" and "Best Classic" sets and you're pretty much there. The only benefit to this other option would be that it could be expanded to include more sets.

Talking "HALL OF FAME" ?

There is the easy way of looking up the previous years winners, but a hall of fame of incredible sets would be cool too

But wouldnt it be great to know that you were holding the top collection for what ever series ever assembled on the registry. Everyone could use that as a measuring stick rather than have to dig through the awards for the various years to see how you stood up to your competition. I am sorry, but I like the how the PCGS Registry is assembled and how they show the top 5 sets ever assembled for the various coin series. I personally would love to see my set(s) still on top even after I auctioned off the pieces of my collection(s). It would be neat to see my coins in other collections after they were "retired" from my set.