• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

two gold candidates for NCS?

6 posts in this topic

Hello.

I have two nicely toned gold coins that have small but somewhat unsightly dark spots/stains. One is a 1874 $3 PCGS 58 (see ebay #1394932538) and a really cool NGC 62 Saint with panoramic toning (you might have seen it at the OTHER place). I'm thinking about submitting these coins to NCS. Does anyone have experience with NCS and gold? I don't want to lose the toning! The seller of the $3 has offered me a 10 day return policy-and I just received the coin today. It's cool-just a little "messy."

Take care,

Barney aka enriched

I am not sure, but I have a 1932 Indian that needs some work! I may put a grade guessing thread on the other forum for it. Here's a link to the grading guess thread, not the reverse over America and you'll see my need for NCS. 1932 guess the grade

On the 1932, PCGS was more generous than I was. I graded it a MS60, because of scapes on the high points of the coin. The services do not seem to pay as much attention to this as I do. tongue.gif