• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bid here! 100 mint uncirculated 2003 Cleveland $5 star notes

8 posts in this topic

I have 100 mint uncirculated consecutive $5 star notes, year 2003 from the Cleveland District. Still in bank binder.

Consecutively numbered from DC 00286301 to DC 00286400. These are John W. Snow bills. (Secretary of the Treasury) These were some of the last of the more classic looking bills before they were 'uglified' with the purple and other junk on the newest bills.

$5 Star Notes

I have seen similar bundles going lately for $740 shipped on Ebay. I'd rather not mess around with that, so I'm going to have a good old fashioned auction right here, starting out at just $90 over face for the 100 consecutive bills. So minimum starting offer for the 100 consecutive star notes ($500 face) is $590 - a full $150 less than recent sales prices on Ebay. (note that $10 will be added to your offer to cover insurance and shipping) Payment is accepted in the form of US Postal Service Money Order, which provides enhanced protection to both buyer and seller.

If interested, please simply post your offer here for the record. I will check back in 5 days, on Sunday, March 8. Whoever has posted the highest offer at that time wins - plain and simple. Good luck!

Wow - I'm just flabbergasted. I figured that with starting it out at $150 less than recent Ebay sales, there would at least be several offers on here in the $600 - $640 range or better. I've seen loads of consecutive $1 star notes going for double face, so I figured these would at least get an extra $1 per. I guess I'll go ahead and put them up on Ebay, then.

So nobody on here collects these sorts of things?

I do - just not that many $5 FRN(s), you might have better luck busting them up in bundles. I would go there as long as the the notes are CHCU or GEM - no bent corners.

Can you help me with this one question - DC is for the Philly Dist., DD is Cleveland? They're going on ebay at $18.95 each - special star run not listed in the 8th Ed. Small Sized Guide.

Thanks!

Boston "A"

New York "B"

Philadelphia "C"

Cleveland "D"

Richmond "E"

Atlanta "F"

Chicago "G"

St. Louis "H"

Minneapolis "I"

Kansas City "J"

Dallas "K"

San Francisco "L"

I was finally able to find this online. Evidently since it starts with a D, it is supposed to be Cleveland district of the Federal Reserve.

But you're right - despite this list, all of the other Cleveland bills I found online simply had a D - I didn't find a single bill with serial number starting "DC" listed anywhere. I'm really not sure what the extra letter designates, but since it starts with a D, I still think it must be from Cleveland.

DC is from the Philly Fed, the D is the prefix for all of that series of $5 bills (2003). The new numbering system for the big head bills is a little confusing.

No, I misread it, the starting bid was $590, so I didn't win. If only I'd take time to read the fine print!