• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS TrueView prices increasing

9 posts in this topic

PCGS Revises TrueView Photo Service Pricing

Effective March 2, 2009, the price of the PCGS TrueViewSM Photography Service will increase to $20 for coins valued up to $20,000 and $40 for coins valued over $20,000.

The purpose of the TrueView photo service is to provide a quality image of a coin at the most opportune moment – before it is encapsulated in plastic. This will provide the customer with an unobstructed view of the coin in a high-resolution image that can be utilized for a number of numismatic and commercial purposes.

Price:

• Coins valued up to $20,000 - $20

• Coins valued over $20,000 - $40

Submission Requirements:

• The TrueView service is available on Raw, Reholder and Regrade services, and is not available on Crossovers.

• The TrueView service must be requested for ALL coins on an order.

• Turnaround time will be increased up to 3 days.

• The submitter must indicate “TrueView” in the “Other” section of the invoice and add the appropriate fees in the “Fee Calculation” section.

A TrueView certificate is created for each coin and made available to the customer. The customer will also receive an e-mail which includes a link to the image.

WOW....I think they are going to lose alot of people!!

MY NGC membership just ran out and I was thinking of joining PCGS for a year so

I could take advantage of getting some of my coins TreView images but after I found

out that they are charging $20 a coin.....I think I will just send my coins to Bob!!

Honestly, I don't think that's a horrible price for the service but I don't really understand why the price difference for more expensive coins.

1) There is increased liability associated with the more expensive coins. More handling of the coins means more chances for something bad to happen to the coin.

2) Owners of expensive coins are more willing to pay more money to have it imaged.

so Dwaine.....I now you get this service are you going to stop with the added price!!

I am going to have to think about it some. For higher priced items I might but for lowered priced items I may not.

The main reason I use this is my picture taking skills are horrible or it could just be my camera is getting old and I need to pony up and get a new one.

I think it is a good service and I think registry sets filled with the trueview pictures are quite nice.

True views show coins in the most cartoonish way possible. People like them because they think they bring the best out in their coins, mostly because they capture color you can only see at certain angles. I know it's a generalization, and there ARE lost of pics they take that I like, especially of copper, but honestly, I think they're highly overrated. My 1836 Bustie is true viewed, it's a gorgeou beautiful coin, but they turned it into a cartoon, like all those rainbow Morgans.

Gosh...I hope I don't make a lot of enemies.

Just an opinion.....

(shrug).

True views show coins in the most cartoonish way possible. People like them because they think they bring the best out in their coins, mostly because they capture color you can only see at certain angles. I know it's a generalization, and there ARE lost of pics they take that I like, especially of copper, but honestly, I think they're highly overrated. My 1836 Bustie is true viewed, it's a gorgeou beautiful coin, but they turned it into a cartoon, like all those rainbow Morgans.

Gosh...I hope I don't make a lot of enemies.

Just an opinion.....

(shrug).

No, that sounds about right, MikeKing!