• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Went to local bank today

22 posts in this topic

I made a deposit of $400 of dollar coins and half dollars. Asked if they had any of the new Lincolns and they said all they had were the new dollars. I passed.

I got 15 Ikes from the bank today, kept 5 and gave the rest to a coworker who uses them to reward her kids (her 8-year old son is really starting to get into coins!).

I picked up rolls of William Henry Harrison Dollars today. I've been going weekly to try to get Martin Van Buren dollars but never found any. Sigh... now I have to overpay for MVB rolls on the secondary market!

BTW... no new Lincolns. In fact, at one of the banks I stopped at they showed me a box of rolls that they were sending back to the Fed. Another bank said that they are sending twice the number of bags from the coin counting machine to their service provider. I don't think new Lincolns will be making its way to the public any time soon.

Scott :hi:

I went to 6 different Banks(none of the same brand) Thursday looking for the elusive "Naught Nine Lincoln Penny"(not cent). Of course, none had any and five flat out told me they would not be getting any for the reasons alredy mentioned. One bank told me they had them on order and took my name to call when they arrived(doubt it). One bank told me that they had not ordered pennies in over a year and said the penny would be discontinued before they did!

It is not looking good for collectors-just the hoarder/dealers with connections.

Jim

I went today to deposit a check and spoke with the new vault teller. I explained that I was a coin collector and asked if she could order any of the new cents, DC quarters, WHH dollars for me. She seemed pleasant and took my name and number and said she could at least get the dollars for me when she placed an order on Tuesday, but she said the quarters weren't out (didn't want to fight that battle yet) and didn't mention ordering the cents (figured I'd see if she comes through on the WHH $1).

I read on a thread across the street - in fact, I think it was a duplicate of Dwaine's post here - where someone said that Wal*Mart gets their coins directly from the Fed and is more likely to have that stuff before the banks. I hate to support Wal*Mart but I may drive down there tomorrow and ask what's what with that.

I did get 6 rolls of the WHH dollars with the Ikes, but as for the DC quarters and cents, no dice. It appears that the banks think the state quarters are over, so no need to order anymore, and they have no clue at all about the cents or new Sac dollars. With the apparent glut of pennies in the fed system, it may be a while before we see any of those.

I read on a thread across the street - in fact, I think it was a duplicate of Dwaine's post here - where someone said that Wal*Mart gets their coins directly from the Fed and is more likely to have that stuff before the banks. I hate to support Wal*Mart but I may drive down there tomorrow and ask what's what with that.

It was my thread ATS. I wonder if we could call Brinks up and order a brick or two or if they would just laugh at us?

I do think it will be some time before we seet the new cents in circulation and I refuse to pay the high prices on Ebay and HSN for these.

I want a roll of each of the 4 designs, but no way am I paying stupid prices for them when they are minting so many.

Hopefully later in the year I can pick them up for a few bucks a roll.. sigh

It was my thread ATS. I wonder if we could call Brinks up and order a brick or two or if they would just laugh at us?

I do think it will be some time before we seet the new cents in circulation and I refuse to pay the high prices on Ebay and HSN for these.

I started seeing the DC quarters in circulation this weekend. I picked up a couple of rolls at a local gas station. I do live in Wal-mart ground zero, Coinsidence? Maybe.

I used to get some of the first out , new state quarters , whenever I go through Fort Worth , TX from local fuel stops , but that dried up when the state quarter program stopped . Living on the East coast , at least I could get my Denver mint coins that way. I've managed to get several rolls of the 2008 P & D cents , a handful of P&D dimes ....but absolutely NO P or D nickels for 2008 anywhere other than mint sets . I know the lady at the main bank branch locally , who orders for the outlying branches , here , but she says about the same thing as everyone else has heard , there is no demand and they are sending coins back to the Fed more than taking coins in from the Fed too.

my bank is supposed to get the new lincoln cents in tommorow.hope they come through.i'll check and see if they have the d.c. quarter in rolls.sounds like the new lincolns are going to be hard to get.i'll let you know if i get anything .rick

my bank is supposed to get the new lincoln cents in tommorow.hope they come through.i'll check and see if they have the d.c. quarter in rolls.sounds like the new lincolns are going to be hard to get.i'll let you know if i get anything .rick

Didja get any of the new cents?

I quit fooling around with looking for the ultra-modern current-year issues in change. It was too much driving, time, and returning-of-extras. I just buy the mint sets now and cut out whatever I want for the albums and sell the rest for a small premium to whomever wants it.

When I'm feeling frisky, I'll sometimes buy some rolls to search for older issues for the from-circulation album.

I do live in Wal-mart ground zero

hm You must live in Bentonville. Or............maybe even, Hiwasse. haha...

I do live in Wal-mart ground zero

hm You must live in Bentonville. Or............maybe even, Hiwasse. haha...

You must have lived in this area before or be well traveled here..... only a local would know about that pimple of a town Hiwasse lol but yes I live within 10 mins walking distance of the Walmart home office.

Thanks, shipmate. (thumbs u

I've pretty much given up moderns in the form of proof and mint sets, ASE et al. I sold most of them off last year. I do stay current on the commems and types, though. I just bought an NGC PR60DC Puerto Rico quarter for my type set. Do be a hatin' the modies, now. (tsk)

Thanks, shipmate. (thumbs u

I've pretty much given up moderns in the form of proof and mint sets, ASE et al. I sold most of them off last year. I do stay current on the commems and types, though. I just bought an NGC PR60DC Puerto Rico quarter for my type set. Do be a hatin' the modies, now. (tsk)

Doesn't mean you have to give up on the boards!!

a NGC PF60UC must be a pretty fancy coin!! :o