• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PayPal giving me just a little bit less now.......

12 posts in this topic

I don't know what it is with eBay and PayPal and their constant changes for the worse.

Ever since the dawn of man, in my PayPal "payment received" email, there was a link to the auction or item in question. As of last night, the "payment received" email has a new format and this link has been eliminated. That link was always very useful to me as I filled out invoices. I would click on it to see exactly which 1932 quarter was sold,or whatever. Now I have to do this off MY eBAy page.

What's the matter with these people?

Paul

Evidently this is not something that PayPal is doing on purpose.

After emailing them, I just received this.....

Thank you for contacting PayPal Merchant Technical Services. We are aware of this issue and we are working to resolve it. I will research this matter further and update you with more information as it becomes available. If you have any additional information or updates to your issue, please use the instructions in this email to update your ticket.

As a workaround, you can click on the transaction ID listed at the top of the email and it will take you to the details page in your PayPal account.

Thank you for your patience.

Paypal has incorrectly informed me this morning.that this problem has been corrected.

Anyone else have this issue. I know there are many eBay sellers on here.

Is the 'item title' in your 'notification of payment' email still a hotlink, like it used to be?

Paul

The problem has not been corrected. Also, I'm betting it isn't a problem, but that this was an intentional change done to help increase email privacy. Several other companies have recently revised their email policies lately, claiming privacy issues as the reason. Paypal never sends "real" responses, they cut and paste everything they send from a pre-fabricated list of responses.

The link was convenient, but what can you do?

Tangent.

I have been selling off bits of my accumulation of minor foreign, and in my listings at the bottom, I say that money order or bank checks are acceptable but PayPal is preferred. Well...yesterday for the first time, red lights flashed, sirens blared, smoke came out of the back of the computer and I was advised that (paraphrase) "my listing states that I will accept money orders or checks". Please make appropriate correction before completing this listing."...or something to that effect. So now it's PayPal or nothing???

RI AL this afternoon sending Tibet coins to the Netherlands, Hong Kong coins to Indiana and India coins to Spain. I hope to heck these guys all have pay pal accounts.

RI AL :screwy:

When I send an invoice, I let them know that I will accept a check, cash or MO.

I don't put it in my item description though.

Very, very few people take me up on it.

Paul

They're at it again !

More "improvements".....

Now, on my summary page, the fees that they've taken on the transaction are no longer displayed. Now, I have to click another link for each transaction to determining the fee charged.

Do they think they're fooling anyone?

It's getting tougher and tougher to do business with these people.

Paul

What, you guys do not like FleeceBay?

I stopped doing business with them back when they raised all the fees.

Did not need 'em before they were here, and can do wothout them now.

MM