• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOB DID A GREAT JOB ON IHC PHOTOGRAPHS

18 posts in this topic

Bob Campbell shot some amazing images of some of my IHC proofs. He can probably attest to how hard capturing the color and lustre of a toned proof. I think he did a great job! There will be more to come in the future.

83-01.jpg

94-999.jpg

Wow , E I E I - O suh-Weet !

Dean , you have a good eye for good material and never disappoint, and Bob has managed to find a way to pull out 3-D like color images .

Amazing .

(worship)

I think you have some great coins there....I don't like the first picture, to much glare from a light!! Just my 2c

I wasn't particularly fond of the glare myself. :( The only way I was able to capture the hidden colors of this little beauty was to either tilt it, which to me is more unsightly, or put up with some glare. Believe me there was plenty of glare to put up with. again :(

Here are some 2 shots without the glare.

1883IHCobv_012.jpg

1883IHCobv_011.jpg

robec:

Try diffusing the light through some opaque film such as a glass plate covered with Scotch Matte Finish Magic Tape. It works best if you have a small desk halogen lamp and secure the taped glass plate to the light housing open end. this will take care of excess glare. Hand shadowing with a piece of paper can also restrict excess light and give better resolution of surface detail. Try it you will like it!

robec:

Try diffusing the light through some opaque film such as a glass plate covered with Scotch Matte Finish Magic Tape. It works best if you have a small desk halogen lamp and secure the taped glass plate to the light housing open end. this will take care of excess glare. Hand shadowing with a piece of paper can also restrict excess light and give better resolution of surface detail. Try it you will like it!

I have 3 OTT lights that are around 6-8 inches in length. I'll have to try to find something for those. I always use hand shadowing, I couldn't live without it.

Great coins, great photos. What camera are you using Bob?

I have a Canon Digital Rebel with a 100 mm Macro lens. It does a fairly good job.

Hello Mr. Modest!! Great pics there, I'd love to get shots like that!