• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I bought this 1915-S Buffalo at SLNA, and would appreciate your opinions

14 posts in this topic

wow early die state and also extremely, amazingly well struck for an s mint

from the photo

the surfaces are totally original

the eye appeal is better than above average

Taking into consideration that the Mint can crank out 250,000 (¼ million) statehood quarters in a single day...1,505,000 (1.5 million) nickels for a single year for a Mint is now peanuts!

Mucho dinero form VF-35 and up!

You got a full horn but the tail is slightly burnished...the hip bone is flat but it is still a nice looking Frisco minted Buffy!

wow... I was going to say 50... I think I see mint luster in the leading edge of the Indian's face and under the chin. I thought these were poorly struck coins from the getgo...L

The 15-s is a deceptively hard coin to find in mid-circ grades, at least from my search. I settled on a full date Fine that fits nicely with its brothers.

What I especially like about your example is the crisp date and denomination. Mushy liberty but overall the coin has terrific character.

Very nice pickup!

The gold brown even toning, for reasons unknown to me, is typical for this date and mint. Some think proof dies were used on some productions due to the very sharp strike. Look for a S/S/S re-punch. Tough date, nice P/U.