• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB Mexican Libertads

10 posts in this topic

If anyone has some very nice looking Mexican Libertads from the last couple of years that they think could make a play for an MS69 grade, I'd be interested in buying a couple of them. Let me know if anyone has them.

I'd also be interested in some coins from the earlier years too (like the mid to late 1980s) but they need to look nice. If I don't hear any responses soon I'll be settling this on eBay.

I think they are 1982-85, though I don't recall exactly. Perhaps they would grade in the mid-60s, certainly not anywhere close to 69.

I think they are 1982-85, though I don't recall exactly. Perhaps they would grade in the mid-60s, certainly not anywhere close to 69.

Well, under the cicumstances, with this series, I'm not expecting to do better than about MS66 on the earlier coins. Look at these pictures and let me know how you think yours would compare. The thing that bugs me about the coin I have are all the scratches and severe dings near the 1 on the obverse.

74117.jpg.7841df47c024bd884012bdf19023a7ea.jpg

74118.jpg.d642e7b709abdaecee2b159acea955e3.jpg

Next weekend I will get the tube that has them out of my safe deposit box and send you some photos. I have the newer ones, but they are not for sale.

Well, If I'm after 2007 and 2008, I can get those on eBay easily enough. I've won one and I might win another one in a couple of minutes. What are your plans for the newer ones if I may ask? Just an investment?