• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Franklin Dansco Album Part 3

16 posts in this topic

I was just going to comment, It's hard to find 60's Franklins that are not cluttered with "Polish Lines"...then the 61-P popped up and there they were.

You know, I had a part time dealer tell me once, this coin was cleaned! Either his eye sight was bad or he didn't know the difference. I have no idea if or how long he stayed in business, I moved since that experience.

Still a nice set of Frankies.

Franklin Dansco Album

Hmmm...I seem to remember him – late 19th century… Wasn’t he one of the most astute collectors of half cents by die variety? He built a magnificent collection that he displayed at fairs and philosophical society meetings all over the eastern US. Didn’t something bad happen to his collection – like maybe one of his nephews stole the coins and bought candy with them while Franklin was on a European trip???

Could be just my imagination playing tricks, too.

I think that's Franklin Album's cousin - he was a haberdasher in Hoboken specializing in homburg hats. Sadly, he never learned how to properly tie his necktie and that depressed sales. He soon went out of business but found employment using his sartorial skills as the New Jersey state executioner.