• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rim bump?

8 posts in this topic

I think the simplist answer is the fact that you are asking about it, even if it didn't bodybag, it's obvious that it catches your eye, and you would always be disappointed with it.

Ironically, slabs have a tendency to hide such small rim bumps, making the coin look nicer than it really is. I have a couple of horror stories about removing coins from slabs only to discover hidden rim abuse, but oh well - stories for another day. I believe this coin slabs, but unless it is one of the three keys, I wouldn't bother.

First question is what is it? If i is a 21, 28 or a 34-S it might still slab. Just about anything else it would probably bag and also probably wouldn't be worth slabbing anyway. OK I see it appears to have a D mintmark so I would not bother trying to slab it.