• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1884S Morgan

12 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum Ahab. First off the pics are just a little too small. When trying to get grading opinions, 800pix is a good size. Anything larger will be too big for one to be able to view it comfortably. Also, the grading scale will begin with MS60-70. The AU grades are in the 50's but I've only everseen 50, 55, & 58 used. AU grades are for circulated coins. I'm also presuming that you are defining this Morgan to be uncirculated. As I stated, if you can enlarge the pics it would be better. From what I am able to see, the coin looks pretty clean but grade would be better determined if wear could be seen better.

Welcome Ahab,

The http links work fine,but you can use the IMG option and the pictures will be right here on the board.

Your 84S Morgan look to be an AU.The exact number is not one of my strong suits.

cleaned au with a possibly added mintmark

lets assume the coin is an original mintmade 84-s

and depending on in hand sight seen evaulation

i grade this coin between $175--$275