• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just finished A-E 1986-08 proof set. I think.....

9 posts in this topic

I just finished my 1986-2008 American Eagle Proof set with all boxes and COA's. I was just wondering if my set is really complete without the burnished coins of 2006-2008. I have only been seriously collecting for only about 4yrs. And read everything I can and in some articles it states that my collection is not complete without the burnished coins from 2006-08 and someone said that the 2005W PF should be included. Do you think this is correct. I think what I have is complete, For a proof set.Thanks Randy

Hey Randy,

The set is yours and it's complete when you say it's complete. I have a set of Lincoln cents that I consider complete even though I quit adding to it 8-9 years ago and I don't have the proofs or the errors like 1922 no-D and 1955 doubled die. Some people would argue that you need the errors to have a complete set. Of course the memorial set isn't really complete but I dont want to keep buying two cents every year to keep up. Maybe they will end the series and I will finish it then. (shrug)

Randy

By definition, the burnished pieces are uncirculated, not proof issues. - So if a complete proof set is your goal, then pass on those.

It could be argued that the reverse proof is part of an ASE Proof set.

i think beck you got a complete set

but with this will always come more coins that coujld be added and opinions of waht constitutes a set

and with that ...this is the reason i am never/would never be a set collector but if i collected i would be a type collector and rare date type coins pre 1900

You as a collector define what is a complete set. NGC has their idea of a complete set, per the Registry, PCGS has their idea, the Red Book has their idea - but for your set, you define the rules.

I agree with everyone. Man I can be easy! lol