• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Anacs Certificate coin........Sweet color!!!

14 posts in this topic

I bid on an Anacs photo certificate coin with a poor photo. Here is the photo from the auction. There was no photo of the reverse. I paid about $150 for it delivered. The anacs photo certificate has a grade of PF63/63 which I happen to agree with.

c45f_1.JPG

Here is what I recieved. The obverse is stunning, the reverse is mainly brown with a bit of color when viewed at an angle.

1883O.jpg

1883R.jpg

The certifciate happens to be one of the later ones and has color photos. The color on the coin matches the photos from the 1980's. So if it was MS70'd, it was done in the 80's. Was MS70 around back then?

JJ

Where is the slightly evil one? I'd be interested in his thoughts on this coin...
Why...

I'm sure the blue police will be around soon enough..

I'd just be interested to hear what he had to say. I recall that he said he diagnosed MS70 application by looking at the inside part of Lincoln's ear. I just haven't seen enough of these to make a good guess at how this one got it's tone.

The certifciate happens to be one of the later ones and has color photos. The color on the coin matches the photos from the 1980's. So if it was MS70'd, it was done in the 80's. Was MS70 around back then?

JJ

I believe that I read that it was but that it was a different formula than it is today???

I had a stunning 1887 that was in a PF66BN holder and it had the exact Obverse but the reverse matched the obverse as well and it was condemmed as being MS70'd....the buyers on Heritage didn't mind and I didn't lose a dime when it came time to sell (thumbs u