• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My New Coin, 1932-D Washington-> Collection Complete!

22 posts in this topic

I just completed my Washington 1932-2003 collection (just in time for the 2004's!). I had two coins I was looking at, one on Ebay last night and another a local dealer had that was encapsulated by a grading company. (See Pic and guess the company and grade!)

Now I will concentrate on finishing my Jefferson collection and upgrading a few coins in the Washington collection.

-Dave

1932-D.jpg

It's all raw except for the 1932-D, which brings me to a slight issue. How do I put the slab in the Dansco album? smile.gif I wonder if I should put a filler in the dansco album and just attach the slab to the album somehow....

or, another way I can go about it is get all the coins slabbed eventually. I'm very close to having all the coins AU/BU. I think I will just enjoy the 32-D as is for now.

-Dave

ANACS AU-55

I'm tossing around submitting it to NGC. Grade really isn't important to me in this circumstance but I'd like to get a second opinion, especially since I think this one should grade higher.

-Dave

I'd simply LOVE to have an AU58 example of that coin! I'd CRACK it and put it in my album!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Congrats on your find!

Hoot

Great coin! I can see you're into strong strikes and detail.

Also, there are 3-4 FS Jefferson collectors here that might be able to help in that area. You did say FS Jeffersons, right? 27_laughing.gif

Leo

I have a bunch of coins that I'm almost ready to submit. I'd like to send this one to NGC to see what they would grade it and to get another opinion on it... at which point I will probably crack it out and stick it in the album. smile.gif

How would you guys submit it? Cross at any grade?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I didn't know I had so many replies!

-Dave

How would you guys submit it? Cross at any grade?

Nope. I'd do a standard crossover. NGC has been very good with crossovers. I've had several upgrade. The only one I did cross at any grade actually upgraded.

Dave,

While I, like Greg, have also had good luck with NGC crossing or upgrading coins that I have sent them, if your reason for sending the coin in is to get NGC’s opinion before you crack it out for your album, then your best bet is to ask to have the coin crossed at any grade.

The reason is simple, if you send it in and ask for the standard crossover and NGC does not believe the grade to be at least AU-55 the coin will be sent back to you with no opinion as to it’s grade. After spending your money you still don’t know what grade NGC thinks the coin is. confused-smiley-013.gif

On the other hand if you send it in and ask to have it crossed at any grade, at least you will get NGC’s opinion as to it’s grade, which is want you wanted in the first place. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Good luck

John