• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted - GOLD AND SILVER

9 posts in this topic

My roommate is looking to buy some gold and silver. He doesn't care what - eagles, buffaloes, maples, whatever. He just wants something that is widely recognized and standard. He's looking for 2 ounces of gold and $1000 of silver.

Let me know what you've got and we'll work out a deal. I'm handling it all, so I can pay by check or Paypal, whichever you prefer.

He's leaning towards eagles, or their foreign equivalents. If I can get a good deal on 90%, I'm guessing he would take that as well.

He'd only buy 90% if he could get a good deal on it, but he'd prefer Silver Eagles?

That makes sense.

If this is for investment, which I suspect it is, you should advise him not to buy silver eagles. He should find silver with as little premium to spot as possible. Generic rounds and bars are good. He could get several 10 oz bars (probably 6 or 7) for $1,000.

If he really just want's physical silver for investment then I think he should go with either several 10 oz bars like MonkeyMan said or just bite the bullet and see if he can get a 100 oz bar for about $1200-1300 that's probably where he'll get the lowest premium. All he needs is something made by Englehard or one of the other major refiners.

That said, I think that Pendragon was offering 21, 1 ounce rounds from various places for about $450 just the other day. Look into that.

WWW.APMEX.COM

That's where we were looking. I just wanted to ask around on here and see if anyone else could get him a lower premium to spot (gold is $60 plus shipping, silver is I believe $3.99 plus shipping).

I've got 3 ounces of gold for sale right now:

1 oz. Chinese Panda $1000

1 oz. US $50 Buffalo $1150

1 oz. bar Johnson/Matthey $975 (bent and very ugly)

shipping $10 (from Canada)

I've got 100 ounce bars, but they're probably better to grab in the states because of the cost of shipping for those.

Andy