• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paying 63 money for a 62 coin ????

26 posts in this topic

This is my example. Really pretty coin, but I keep staring at myself (in my head) and saying YOU ARE NUTS (its not like this is an uncommon date)

3237827773_a0b3b462b3.jpg

3238668364_44fe901a09.jpg

but you have to admit....she is purty!

(this coin is not for sale)

You forgot one option...

Yes, it's a stunning coin and who cares if I get my money back...It's MY coin.

I would have voted this way as well.

You forgot one option...

I would have voted this way as well.

I Agree also. The coins I buy, I buy because I want them, not because of what I think they can sell for now or in the future..

Between the beautiful toning (to me anyway) and the fine quality of the strike (man that's one really crisp fully detailed early die state example) blows away most MS63s I've seen and worth 63 money. The plastic doesn't really matter much with this coin, I me anyway. (shrug)

As a collector that is the coin I'd want and if the time came that I would need to part with it the right buyer would appreciate it's quality and be willing to pony up too. Although it may take time to find this collector...

You forgot one option...

Yep, totally agree on this one. And for the record, she's a beauty.

I would buy it any day of the week..she is exceptional and unique... judging from the amount of people who think you'll get a premium for her...there would be plenty of interest if you ever listed her-even at a 63 starting bid..

PS: I have bought and seen plenty of 1 grade lower coins at auction sell for more than the higher grade coin, especially ones like yours which are far from "run of the mill"

---Ask yourself this question: When I pull out my Bust collection to admire, will I be spending more time admiring and appreciating this coin than I would a whiter and cleaner 63?

To me this is a PQ coin. It will continue to do well in the marketplace when and if you decide to sell it. Sometimes you have to pay more for quality. It's your coin and your money. I think you did well.

On any given day that could make its way into a MS 63 holder.

Would I pay MS 63 money for a MS 62 coin ? no. Would I pay a premium for this coin over MS 62 money – yes

I guess it depends. If you pay money equivalent to an exceptionally nice, solid high end MS63 then you are likely too far into the coin. However, if you pay money equivalent to a generic, uninspiring or sight-unseen MS63 then you are much more likely to be safe. Additionally, if the pool of coins in the higher grade is sufficient to satisfy the demand then you may be in more trouble.

Mike,

I doubt that you will ever be dissatisfied with that coin. It will probably be one of the last coins you remove from your collection. I would be proud to have it in mine. Just think how many CBH's you have searched thru and how many attracted you as did this coin. I doubt that price would be a concern-try finding another like it.

Great purchase, in my opinion.

Jim

Personally, I think 62 was a bit harsh. I see a few things on her, but nothing that really brings her down to 62...and the color is beautiful.

You guys are amazing if you can accurately and reproducibly grade MS coinage within one-point precision simply from a single set of images. Outstanding talent! hm

i would need to see the coin in hand sight seen

but like tomb alludes to there are so many variables that is all

DEPENDS................ on some coins thisis okie even a good thing on others a burial it all depends

it is a really nice!! coin though

show it to me in hand sight seen and tell me the price and then i can tell you either way

i would need to see the coin in hand sight seen

but like tomb alludes to there are so many variables that is all

DEPENDS................ on some coins thisis okie even a good thing on others a burial it all depends

it is a really nice!! coin though

show it to me in hand sight seen and tell me the price and then i can tell you either way

I have done it lots of times and will do it again. ie: buy the coin not the holder. ;)

62's - 63 money i mean.etc etc.

;)

Purchased several years ago.

Picture017-4.jpgPicture014-5.jpg

Picture003-14.jpg

Nice coins! And all this time I thought I ws the only one with SEGS holders!

I have a couple Al, both are MS-62 Morgans. The other one is a Vam 1921. :grin:

You guys are amazing if you can accurately and reproducibly grade MS coinage within one-point precision simply from a single set of images. Outstanding talent!

I agree, especially since the TPG graders can't do it with the coin in hand!

The toning is a little deep for my tastes, but I understand what you did. I've done it myself many times, and never gotten hurt. The reason was I bought it for my collection and have held on to the coins for a very long time. After a while the market catches up. Let's hope that continues ...

Dealers can't do that, however. They need turnover to stay in business.

So long as you have no need for the money in the short run, what you did is OK.