• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2000 P SACAGAWEA "WOUNDED EAGLE" & STATE QUARTERS

9 posts in this topic

Why does the 2000 P Sac get the name "Wounded Eagle" on ANACS holders but not on PCGS or NGC holders? If it is good enough for Sacagawea's then why not State Quarters? Other coins do have such die cracks but, they are not as spectacular as these. They are not in interesting places of the design that alters the overall look of the coin.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

popcorn.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif893whatthe.gif

Jason,

Hardly a ploy to to let such fine error gems go unnoticed. To date I have made $75.00 selling a sigle coin. Some large profit. Coins like this must be hyped. If not they get stored away in box never to be seen again.Any thoughts?

Regards,

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Jason,

Hardly a ploy to to let such fine error gems go unnoticed. To date I have made $75.00 selling a sigle coin. Some large profit. Coins like this must be hyped. If not they get stored away in box never to be seen again.Any thoughts?

Regards,

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

I guess to each their own. For me, die cracks on coins are markers for varieties. smile.gif Really tho, I am just not much of a fan of die cracks. Sry if my post was misinterpreted. I personally prefer dramatic striking errors when it comes to error coins but there is certainly nothing wrong with the smaller die errors either.

The dramatic proof die cracks are most certainly coming into the spotlight as of late and bring a great premium over their original numismatic value, as they should.

Regards,

Jason,

I have been collecting the types you mention also, and have had some unexpected surprises in doing so.I have won two triple struck coins that I thought were single, and double struck. Sorry If I misunderstood you. Error coins are so interesting to me. Hey, you guys need a forum at that Coneca web site so we can chime in from time to time.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS "INSANE COINS"

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif