• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teletrade vs. Goodman

22 posts in this topic

I could not get the images to be the exact same size, but got them close. The first set of images are from Teletrade. The second set were done by Mark Goodman. No need to say which one reflects reality.

1833LM-2obv.jpg1833LM-2rev.jpg

1833lm2comp.jpg

Just be happy Teletrade didn't have the Goodman images when they ran the auction!!! That coin probably would have sold for 2x the APR. ;) Very nice coin and neat clash.

I recently won an 1874 dime on Teletrade, PCGS 58 I believe...the picture showed a nice golden hue but the coin in hand, while decent...is blah. I wonder what happened to the golden hue??? I think their photographers could use a refresher course (spoken by one of the world's WORST coin photographers..) :frustrated:

This is the kind of coin that I would love to see a matchup on - Mark Goodman vs. Bob Campbell vs. a few of the other great coin photo guys.

I love the purple and electric blue in there. That is gorgeous.

I appreciate the kudos, Jason, but Mark is in an entirely different league than what I'm in. He is simply the top of the heap, cream of the crop and any other cliche you want to throw in. I do believe, however, there are plenty of us that could do a better job than Teletrade. ;)

Teletrade has lousy images , the worst of all the major auctions houses.

In a vote, I would vote Superior as the worst. Not so many years ago (maybe around 3), I would have voted Heritage the worst. Today though, theirs are remarkably erratic, ranging from very bad to amazingly good. My guess is they have a number of photographers who image coins differently.

Strangely, at one time, I thought TeleTrade had better-than-average images, but I guess other auction houses caught up and then surpassed them.

speaking of HA.com vs. Goodman...

Here's another comparison. I will once again allow viewers to assess which is reality. If you want to know (and can't tell from the photos themselves), just right click on the pics to read "properties"

1835lm9-2comp.jpg

HAcomobv.jpgHAcomrev.jpg

Teletrade has lousy images , the worst of all the major auctions houses.

In a vote, I would vote Superior as the worst. Not so many years ago (maybe around 3), I would have voted Heritage the worst. Today though, theirs are remarkably erratic, ranging from very bad to amazingly good. My guess is they have a number of photographers who image coins differently.

Strangely, at one time, I thought TeleTrade had better-than-average images, but I guess other auction houses caught up and then surpassed them.

Heritage has greatly improved their picture quality, I would rate Heritage as the best. I never used Superior but I will take you word for it.