• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Franklin Half Dollar Dansco Album

16 posts in this topic

I sent my Franklin Dansco Album to Bob Campbell to photograph as I knew I wouldn't be able to do the coins justice. He is still working on them so here are the first two.

1948 P

1948Franklin.jpg

1948 D

1948DFranklin.jpg

1949 P - Bob had trouble getting everything to show correctly on this coin but I think he did a great job with the coin.

1949Franklin.jpg

1949 D

1949DFranklin.jpg

1949 S

1949SFranklin.jpg

1950 P

1950Franklin.jpg

When it comes to taking photos BOB is great. I defer to him. :) Between him and Mark and a few others some steller photos come out. :)

Bob did a great job of illustrating Dwain's Frankie's. (thumbs u

I like the reverse of that 49P. You're 49S looks to be well struck, it looks like it would probably FBL. I'll bet the luster really shines on that 50P - that issue is known for having well above average luster.

Some very nice looking Frankies. (thumbs u I particularly like the reverse of the '49.

Bob certainly does excellent work.

As many of you know, I sold my #1 Franklin set a couple of years ago at a price that surprised many people. However, since then, I've been slowly upgrading what was my #2 set (now #1), and even started a new #2 set of toned coins (I tend to prefer blast white Frankies). One of these days, I'll have to get it out and drop some images on the boards.

Hi,. The 1949D is a well struck even if it has a few scratches on it. I has a full eagle with great strike and full tail feathers. Even on the obverse Ben has good hair.

Ron