• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Copper' dime

7 posts in this topic

RWW - Remember the "copper washed" state quarters that showed up? They had been washed in an impure solution with enough of a concentration of copper to impart a coating to the entire coin. The strike looks good enough to make me think that the coin is all there but perhaps plated.

Hoot

Mark -

I'll have to look again. My son has the dime with his collection in his room - which is a typical example of a teen-age boy's bedroom - meaning that I have a faint chance of finding it (or anything else there) until he gets home from school. But, I'm off to the airport before that happens. So, I'll look into this when I return at the end of the week.

The other side is normal and the cladding can only be seen on one side.

It certainly sounds like the outer clad layer is missing to me. Errorist would know the proper terminology more than I would.

Anyway, it sounds like a cool find. I wouldn't mind having one someday. Man, it would be awesome to have an Ike dollar like that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Any such critters exist, Errorist?