• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions needed on a few Lincoln Cents

16 posts in this topic

What do you think about the grade and color?

I know proofs are almost impossible to grade by image only.....but what about the color, will they slab?

Stefanie

1939 Proof

4e51b51a.jpg

1941 Proof

9746bd8b.jpg

6ee7ceaf.jpg

I'd have to say the top two, are AT. Regardless whether those have ever come into contact with MS70, the grading companies will no longer take a chance on them. On another note, I really like that 39.

Hmmmm, I think the first two will grade, but the third will not! Proof copper does not tone with the same colors as business strike copper. The purples and blues are much more common and acceptable as being natural on the proofs.

Hmmmm, I think the first two will grade, but the third will not! Proof copper does not tone with the same colors as business strike copper. The purples and blues are much more common and acceptable as being natural on the proofs.

Its strange the 52-S was put into my Lincoln Dansco and sat there for years.

I have no idea why it toned form the center out. Still, looks cool so I left it there and submitted the 2 proofs.

When I get the grade and images I will post them here.

Stefanie

I agree, the proofs tone much differently than business strikes. I'm curious about the reverse of the 39. It looks as if there may be a few tiny spots that could be corrosion. Might not be enough to keep it from a slab. I'm more partial to the 41. The business strike has some bold die lines on the reverse that run horozontally, almost to the point of appearing whizzed even though it has not been whizzed. Just my 2 cents woth on your 3 cents...

I'm with fiender...The that 39 is just a bit too dark, and doesn't contrast to any other proof Lincoln I've ever seen. Honestly even though those are high grade coins, I don't know if they'll slab. The color on that 52 seems really unusual, even though I've seen unusual coins slabbed. It really depends on seeing the coins in hand on proofs like that. I don't know if the 41 looks different with different angles or lighting, but that looks a bit iffy to me as well. As raw coins, they are very nice pieces though, and most certainly have some great eye appeal.

I forgot to post the images....... :blush:

I decided to grade the proofs only.

Stefanie

The images are MUCH better than mine.....very close to what they look like

in hand. These proofs with all that color were extremely hard to image.

e99dad80.jpg

84c159f0.jpg

Your 1939 in the opening post looks very similar to this 1961 that PCGS holdered. Based solely on that, I see no reason why it wouldn't grade, especially given that it had an extra 22 years to get that way.

03589215.jpg

Your 1939 in the opening post looks very similar to this 1961 that PCGS holdered. Based solely on that, I see no reason why it wouldn't grade, especially given that it had an extra 22 years to get that way.

03589215.jpg

OMG..........that is a definite looker (worship)

Stefanie

Stefanie, it belongs to Matt C. from ATS. You might get a kick out of seeing some of his other toned Lincoln's. Link

Thanks for the link, they are awesome....put me on :cloud9: for today :)

Stefanie

I like your images quite a bit better than the PCGS images. Yours look natural, and theirs look juiced!

most all pcgs truview images are juiced TO THE MAX

they should start an auction company