• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Toned Barber Quarter NP from FUN

12 posts in this topic

A nicely toned Barber quarter was my primary objective in coming to the Orlando show as a respite from my Conder token obsession.

I won this coin in a live Heritage auction after reviewing the lot in hand. I feel fortunate this coin was not pictured in the auction catalogue and that the internet pictures were horrible:

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=1121&Lot_No=2443&src=pr

So, due to the above, I think this played to my advantage to supress bidding (you will note that this coin was also sold in the Long Beach auction in 2006) or perhaps what I paid is what it is worth. It is also a heavily toned coin which is not for everyone. Nonetheless, despite the 5.4M mintage, there are few MS65 examples graded by PCGS and NGC (44 total combined, 11 in finer grades). I didn't pay attention to this fact and let this influence my decision making. I simply let my eyes drive me.

My pictures do not reveal the substantial luster peaking out behind the toning and you will see that there are several scuff marks on the plastic that interfere with a good pic.

1893BarberQtrObv.jpg

1893BarberQtrRev.jpg

BarberQtrSlab.jpg

Anyway, I hope you like it because I certainly do! Sadly, no more purchases for awhile now!

It looked as though the Heritage images were more interested in capturing the CAC sticker than the coin...also, the PCGS hologram is outstanding in the Heritage reverse images.

Your images "rock" on a truely wonderful coin!