• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well it only took a couple months.....

7 posts in this topic

but as I was checking out a the 1864 2cent piece w/the INS material I posted about way back when... I realized something... It's has a 180 deg die rotation doh!

I'm pretty sure I read that it's not all that uncommon but what,if any, Value consideration is given.

qq.jpg

I think die rotations were pretty common on the 1864, not sure about a full medal allignment thought. I have one that is about 80-degrees, and I think I paid $7 for it, which might have been a dollar or two premium. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Wow.I like it. What's the grade and are you planning on selling?
I grade it as BU.. It belongs to my daughter so until she gets tired of it... (shrug)

as an aside,, I will probably send this and the 3 cent piece that was gotten with it in to be graded for her... They were bought for low AU money but I think that the guy didn't really know what he was looking at..

I want to give it a bath but I am afraid that if I put it in some acitone it might turn blue... lol

Wow.I like it. What's the grade and are you planning on selling?
I grade it as BU.. It belongs to my daughter so until she gets tired of it... (shrug)

as an aside,, I will probably send this and the 3 cent piece that was gotten with it in to be graded for her... They were bought for low AU money but I think that the guy didn't really know what he was looking at..

I want to give it a bath but I am afraid that if I put it in some acitone it might turn blue... lol

That's fine.Thanks. So,you got you daughter hooked too.Good for you. It ain't easy getting younger people to understand why collect and not spend. I'm afraid that's what happened to a couple of 2000 mint sets I gave to my nephews.

There is one varity of 1864 two cent that always comes with 180 rotation and it is a common variety.

By the way, if you do send it in to another company for slabbing DO NOT SEND IN THE INS CERTIFCATE AND PHOTOS!!! I want those, and if you send them in you won't get them back.

There is one varity of 1864 two cent that always comes with 180 rotation and it is a common variety.

By the way, if you do send it in to another company for slabbing DO NOT SEND IN THE INS CERTIFCATE AND PHOTOS!!! I want those, and if you send them in you won't get them back.

Conder, I already had you pegged for them. :foryou: