• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of FUN show newps

29 posts in this topic

My FUN show take home was unusually sparse this year with six coins total for the week evenly split between type and patterns. I went to the show with hopes that the "soft" market would shake out lots of nice coins at bargain basement prices but I gotta tell you the prices quoted on the bourse and the auction results were very strong ....... at least on the coins I was interested in.

Here are two highlights

1806_quarter.jpg

1806 Draped Bust quarter B-10 in PCGS MS 64

1514.jpg

J1514 pattern half dollar in NGC PR 67* from the Lemus collection

We were just discussing how most 1806 quarters were weakly struck on the reverse. Obviously not this one! What's the scoop, Boiler? Educate us please, kind sir.

I saw the 1806 Quarter at the show and thought it was fair.

:juggle:

zzz

(shrug)

"Fair" enough so that if Boiler/Mark hadn't bought it, I was going to make arrangements to try to place it with my client. ;)

It's a great coin. (thumbs u

Spectacular coins. Although the general economy has really taken a dive, I would be surprised to see a large quantity of highly desirable coins show up on the bourse at far below market value since these coins would generally not be the first to be shed when money is tight.

"Only" six of your style coins..... awwwww, my heart bleeds for you. ;)

Those are gorgeous coins!!! (worship) Congrats on the lovely pickups! Looking forward to seeing the other 4.

"Only" six of your style coins..... awwwww, my heart bleeds for you. ;)

Those are gorgeous coins!!! (worship) Congrats on the lovely pickups! Looking forward to seeing the other 4.

Only six amazing coins. :o

Victor- I am no expert on Draped Bust quarters so I can't explain the strong strike on this particular coin. I bought the coin for type purposes and it is the best strike of any I've seen which is one of the reasons I bought it.

I suspect the B-10 variety may come well struck? BTW I had no idea the coin was a rare variety when I bought it. :blush:

realone- there is a contact mark on the cheek which is a primary focal area. If the same mark was on the body of the eagle or in the hair the coin would probably go 65.

Great coins Boiler !!! Spectacular as usual. I love them both (thumbs u Wish I could have made it to the FUN Show. Do you have pics of the other four coins you bought?

Thou suckest extremus. I viewed your type set today on both sites, had no idea you even had a set going and what beautiful coins. Hope Tim is listening to your advice now that he is branching out, but really why did you suggest he buy that matte proof cent? ;)

Mike - Tim did that all on his own. I guess I can't leave him on the bourse floor without supervision? lol

I met him at FUN in 03 and he was running around the bourse floor with that 67 graded NGC IHC proclaiming to all who would listen "PCGS" should have crossed it. rantrant