• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WoW! I'm so tickled! Thanks, NGC for Best Presentation Type Set for 2008

77 posts in this topic

It is a bit dissappointing that some of the winners have their sets obscured and can not be veiwed . I Feel that if you want the kudos for a top set then you could at least have it veiwable .

I didn't notice that but I fully agree with you!

I hadn't checked them all so I hadn't seen that either. Forgive the way I put this but that sucks. Another source of disappointment is sets like Gardner's. Yes, it's a cool set, but there are no pictures and no descriptions. Yay!

I agree. I think that those with obscured sets should not be allowed to win anything. What are they adding to the registry? NOTHING :/ You have no idea what they have and not even an idea as to which "finest graded coins" they might own. Why can't anyone know what they have? What is striking such fear in their hearts that they won't share anything? Contributing nothing deserves nothing.

rantrant

Next to obscured sets are the top sets with no pictures and no descriptions. Their contributions are next to nothing. What have they got to hide? It beats me. hm

All of my coins have got pictures. If you don't like my coins and think I've got over graded stuff and don't deserve to be where I am in the rankings, at least you know it.

I don't know how I missed this earlier. Congratulations, Victor! :applause:

Cause you were too busy staring at Dena at FUN. :baiting:

Was it that obvious? :blush:

lol

OK, I don't know names, who is Dena?

The Director of the Collectors Society Community and our favorite Moderator.

Well, she's certainly the best looking moderator.

Now arch is gonna feel bad. Here's some love for you too, arch :lol:

I went on a bit of a search, through which I discovered that the comic guys are not only far more rowdy and get banned a lot more (and thus have more to talk about Dena), but they are also a downright horny lot. There's a pic up on the boards from a couple years back, but not sure Dena really would want us spreading pics around to ogle her. Suffice it to say she's a cutie.

Thanks, Lou. I didn't mean to resurrect this thread but to share YunYun's picture from today and the granite carving. But no one has commented on it. :sorry:

We were kind of proud of it. (thumbs u

Thanks, Lou. I didn't mean to resurrect this thread but to share YunYun's picture from today and the granite carving. But no one has commented on it. :sorry:

We were kind of proud of it. (thumbs u

Sorry, I was gonna comment on it but Lou got me distracted. What is the character next to the date? I'll bet it took a long time to carve that. Looks good! :thumbsup:

That was actually about the easiest. It is the character for "Yun" which means "cloud". So, YunYun means Cloud-Cloud. Her Indian name would be "Yellow Cloud" I reckon. ;)

Notice the change in the rock's patina where some was chiseled away. Collectors of authentic arrowheads and other paleolithic artifacts learn to look at the patina for signs of originality and alterations. Kind of the same as in coins.

72175.jpg.435f741005fb7eb179578240aadc48bb.jpg

It is a bit dissappointing that some of the winners have their sets obscured and can not be veiwed . I Feel that if you want the kudos for a top set then you could at least have it veiwable .

I didn't notice that but I fully agree with you!

I hadn't checked them all so I hadn't seen that either. Forgive the way I put this but that sucks. Another source of disappointment is sets like Gardner's. Yes, it's a cool set, but there are no pictures and no descriptions. Yay!

I agree. I think that those with obscured sets should not be allowed to win anything. What are they adding to the registry? NOTHING :/ You have no idea what they have and not even an idea as to which "finest graded coins" they might own. Why can't anyone know what they have? What is striking such fear in their hearts that they won't share anything? Contributing nothing deserves nothing.

rantrant

Next to obscured sets are the top sets with no pictures and no descriptions. Their contributions are next to nothing. What have they got to hide? It beats me. hm

All of my coins have got pictures. If you don't like my coins and think I've got over graded stuff and don't deserve to be where I am in the rankings, at least you know it.

Bill, I agree with you completely. My own set is almost entirely imaged and the majority of coins have extensive descriptions, too. However, it will never be a high ranking set.

Well, little Tommy, if you would ever upgrade your career from the fast food industry then you may be able to afford something more that state quarters! :devil:

:foryou: