• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WoW! I'm so tickled! Thanks, NGC for Best Presentation Type Set for 2008

77 posts in this topic

Wow . Lots of nice awards .

Congrats to all those who were recognised for their efforts . Having only just started, I can see the amount of work that must go into creating a set that is recognised as the best .

BUT ( and there always is )

It is a bit dissappointing that some of the winners have their sets obscured and can not be veiwed . I Feel that if you want the kudos for a top set then you could at least have it veiwable .

But well done to all who collect,The only person that you really have to please is yourself :headbang:

Cheers Martin

It is a bit dissappointing that some of the winners have their sets obscured and can not be veiwed . I Feel that if you want the kudos for a top set then you could at least have it veiwable .

I didn't notice that but I fully agree with you!

victor your set is totally premo from the standpoint of balance and eye appeal

and also a great set to learn from and what sets it apart from all of the rest is its presentation!!

I didn't notice that but I fully agree with you!

I hadn't checked them all so I hadn't seen that either. Forgive the way I put this but that sucks. Another source of disappointment is sets like Gardner's. Yes, it's a cool set, but there are no pictures and no descriptions. Yay!

Here's a pic of my and my daughter taken last weekend for her 19th birthday. :luhv:

Well, you're just having a big time all around aren't ya?

I only wish that were true. We're packing and cleaning and getting ready to hit the road on Tuesday since I finished my x-ray assignment here in Tonopah. Yuk! My wife is doing the lion's share of the work, God bless her. ;) But most of my e-bay items sold well. Still trying to get one of the sweetest 1795 halves that I've ever seen. :wishluck:

So DOUBLE congratulations are in order I see. Well done...all around!!! :golfclap:

:applause:

Hope you're as happy as my wife and I are after 34 years!! (She deserves a congressional medal for putting up with me!!)

RI AL

Yep, I'm very happy with my wife. Sure, you wife deserves a medal for tolerating you for so long but SO DO WE! haha...

Here's a pic of my and my daughter taken last weekend for her 19th birthday. :luhv:
Dude... I hate to be the first to break the news to you... but I'd ask for a blood test!! :D

Just kidding of course my man. You have a great wife and daughter.

It seems that the consensus is unanimous! I might start believing it............nah! :grin:

That's alright even if I am ugly cause my wife is beautiful and is a great cook! We had friends from our church over for dinner just now and YunYun cooked a five course meal. Hmmm...hmmm...good! Now, go ahead and admit it! You all wanna be just like Vic! :insane:

It seems that the consensus is unanimous! I might start believing it............nah! :grin:

That's alright even if I am ugly cause my wife is beautiful and is a great cook! We had friends from our church over for dinner just now and YunYun cooked a five course meal. Hmmm...hmmm...good! Now, go ahead and admit it! You all wanna be just like Vic! :insane:

I don't think I want to be just like you (hospitals make me queasy). I'd be happy with your collection and an invite to dinner. ;)

You've got it, Jason!

There is an open invite to any board member to have dinner with us anytime. Considering the way I travel so much, I just be your neighbor next!

It looks like I may be going back to Washington state. I hope so. I sure like it there. But I hear that they got 17" of rain in no time on the Seattle side and 60" of snow on the Spokane side. That is extreme weather for Washington!

Who? The wife, the daughter or the coins? haha....

Actually, I was going to pass through Abilene, Waco and Longview but if I get the assignment in Washington then those plans are 86'd. But, alas, I was going to leave all of my type coins in my SDB in Vegas. I'd love to meet you, though! I was going to see Bobby north of Longview but there's always next time since I must pass that way eventually to go to my house in north central Arkansas.

I come and go nowadays, but I want to give you kudos and congratulations on your type set. You have worked diligently to assemble your set with many terrific coin type specimens and you are very deserving of this award. You did great, Victor!

For sure man! Let's hook up the next time your in TX. PM me anytime.

(thumbs u

Where do you live? City, address, SSN, bank account #, et al. ;)

Seriously, though. What's you town? If it's tiny then nearest to where?

Closest town is Fort Worth, actual town, Granbury, about 30 miles away. Pretty cool town, the downtown area is the best preserved old west square in Texas.

congratulations on both counts.

I like the idea of awarding a set based on presentation. I think too much emphasis is put on numbers ATS and sets without pics or owner's comments continually get all of the accolades.

Victor, if you came back to the very soggy state of Washington, that is if you can drive here with all the flooding and closed Interstates, call me so we can get together. I get the large lump in my right lung checked out by CT-scan for possible large-cell carcinoma on the 21st of January, but other than that I am finally recovering from lobar pneumonia bout #2 and feel pretty good.

You can bet that we'll hook up! Gotta do the Tacoma Dome show again. ;)

Yeah, I head about the rain and I5 closure but the job isn't until Feb sometime. Don't know much at this time. Hope to see you, buddy!

Great award, Vic, for a great collection. Such a wonderful display. Hope this award helps to reward you for your effort. Congratulations on your anniversary-just had my 33rd.

I'd say both the set and your wife are KEEPERS!!!!!

Jim