• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

while they grade we will guess :)

31 posts in this topic

i am sending this lovely coin to be graded ( not sure who yet ). im thinking its a 69/70. the strike is awsome the fields are clear of any hair lines... what do yall think. and when it comes back ill post the grade.

forumcoins009-1.jpg

forumcoins010-1.jpg

keeprev2.jpg

keeprev.jpg

The second picture tells the story - Lot of hits

The first picture hides too much

The third picture makes it look like its polished

The fourth picture is angled so it is probably hiding stuff BUT is lacking as many

hits as the obverse.

obv 67

rev 68

Total grade 67

Good Luck

Just the tic on the number 7 will preclude it from getting a 70...69 is going to be in the hunt, but I think a 68 is more realistic.

That's the first thing that I noticed as well.

MS66/67...The reverse is beautiful, surely looks 68. However, the ding on the 7 as well as the 4 dings to the right of his hair at about the 3 o'clock spot will hold it back, so i am going with a 66 or 67.

The marks behind the head will keep it at MS67, 9 out of 10 times. I see nothing else preventing MS68. The rest of it is from grease strike-through. The tick on the 7 won't affect their decision (though it should).

I don't know, I'm going by the 2nd Obv pic and the 1st rev pic. I see alot of hits on the Obv and quite a few on the Rev. I'm not sure where the guess of 69/70 is coming in unless we're looking at 2 different coins. I would say this coin will be lucky if it see's 66. JMO

well id like to think that it looks better in hand. and through 10x its not shabby at all. the mark on the rev R is also present on the Q. im hoping strike thru.there are no problems other than the 2 vampire marks behind his head. this is in a set and i dont wana risk damaging the coin more so there is glare and stuff to deal with i guess :(

i dont wana take it out tho :P

Well I didn't know it was in something Ant. Whatever it's packaged in could be making this thing look worse at the angles I was looking at. The other images make the coin look perfect, but the others make it look worse. I guess I can't really give much of an accurate assessment by the pics. Good luck with it my friend!

now its bugging me so im going to pull out the foam pad (for floor) and the gloves and get a few of these coins out cause the nickel i think is full step for surw but then again i wont know till i look. i must finish scanning these comics which takes for freekin ever :P

im starting to think id better not send . the step has a tiny itty bitty ding on steps and i think it would block it. and the 25c even though nice wouldnt be worth the fees :(

the strike on this set is awsome. but its in a weird set thing that came with world sets.