• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ON THE ROAD!!

9 posts in this topic

I'll be starting my drive out to Baltimore tomorrow... Post a coin that make you feel like you've "arrived"... here's mine. It's actually a medal but it cost alot of hard work and late nights:

FBIMicrobialForensicsMedal_obv-1.jpg

FBIMicrobialForensicsMedal_rev.jpg

All the Best... Leo

Is that your job? Cool. :cool:

Be careful, the east coast has lots of snow I understand and don't drive drowsy!! I know, I've x-rayed plenty of people who have fallen asleep at the wheel. And variety is the spice of life so enjoy!

Medal: been there, done that.

c6c6_1.JPG

EZ_E... it was definitely part of my job for a while. I did my dissertation on the genetic diversity of anthrax in North America... alot of molecular epidemiology and disease tracking. Microbial forensics is a part of it. Now I'm off to U MD to apply the same sorts of techniques to malaria (vaccine development, disease tracking, and emergence of drug resistance).

Leo

Cool, I'm impressed. I was just reading the other day where Cipro is used for Anthrax. I had a misconception and thought it was more of a poison than a bacteria. doh!

What is the status of the resurgence of TB in America?

And, youngster, mind your driving! :grin:

TB is very much alive and well in the US. It's a bacterial disease that fits every definition of a "re-emerging" infectious disease due in large part to multi-drug resistant strains. Funny you mention TB... I also interviewed for a job with CDC dealing with MDR and XDR TB. I either didn't get the job, or they de-funded the position...Cheers...Leo

TB is alive and well here in South Texas jails/prisons. There is such an influx of Mexican Nationals who are picked up and transmit who knows what before they are deported or transferred. It's not really their fault, it's the health care system of that country here south of the boarder.

Good luck on the road trip...at least gas is kinda reasonable now days.