• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone like buffaloes?

7 posts in this topic

Here are a couple of Buffalo Nickels I received. I really love how the rear leg is so well defined. Most 1937 Buffs have a poorly defined rear leg. These just stood out to me. I would appreciate your opinions.

Jim

1937PBuffaloNickelMS65123008.jpg

1937SBuffaloNickelMS65123008.jpg

coin number 1 is just brilliant! but what is going on in the head on the obv?is that a strike through or damage?

i like both equaly as for strike :)

and you must be the one with all the buffs i need :)lol that is just the strike im looking for and cant seem to find as of now.!

awsome finds!

ps. if one is for sale please let me know. i dont have that date yet.

You got me, I honestly had not noticed it. Maybe someone with a brain larger than mine will answer this. I'm sending them to NGC next week(as soon as I get my coupon at least) along with three other coins maybe they will be able to decide. These two strikes are amazing-especially on the rear leg.

Jim

You got me, I honestly had not noticed it. Maybe someone with a brain larger than mine will answer this. I'm sending them to NGC next week(as soon as I get my coupon at least) along with three other coins maybe they will be able to decide. These two strikes are amazing-especially on the rear leg.

Jim

Without commenting on any one's brain size ;) the first coin looks like the result of a strike through. And I think it would be a waste of fees to submit either/both of them. Even if you get or have "free" submissions, they would probably be better used on other coins of greater value.