• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever have a Registry member Respond ...

10 posts in this topic

This kind just popped into my head ... :insane:

Looking through some registry sets I have seen a few coins that just make me go wow. I have emailed the owners through the registry owner contact button to congratulate them on their coin. I can remember NUMEROUS times doing this ... has anyone ever had a response back from anyone ???? I have not had a single contact back ...

I am now wondering if it even works ( Actually sends the mail to the recipient ) :juggle:

I have gotten messages from others about a set and responded . I think the set owner has to set his preferences on their info page to 'ok' getting emails or it gets kicked out or something.

I've usually had those owners who knew me respond. I send Sounder a complement last week on his registry set but got no response.

I have responded and have received responses from members. They are usually offering congrats on a coin I purchased and/or placed in the registry, offers to sell me some that I am missing, also where puchased, and offering and asking advice. All around pleasant experiences! :)

The last time I sent a message through this medium, it was to Hoot...he sent back a nice detailed message. I just assumed everyone got return responses.

What a guy.

Hi Hoot :hi:

I guess no one loves me ... :sorry:

But I think it is tacky to ask to buy or sell a coin there or by that medium

yes

one time i made the first deep cameo post 1900 lib nick in proof 67

spring 2002

i decided to post a registry set with one coin the one i just made and it was low on the registry set points wise as only one coin was listed in the set

but with the deep cameo worth 2 points i had the highest graded set as it was listed as the same as a proof 69 with no cameo and only one coin lets say it stood out

because 67 plus 2 points for deep cameo made the coin worth proof69 points and this was incredible as i had the only one glaring example listed in the registry as proof 69

a couple of days later the top listed set holder contacted me

it was funny as he was from down south and was a travelling salesman and so happened to be coming to the city where i lived in two days and so i picked him up at the airport, we met he saw the coin and the rest is history

my first and last time with the registry