• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Type set photo extravaganza part 1.

10 posts in this topic

Great collection, JJ. You should be proud of that. I've always admired how at first several of the grading companies were honest enough to place obverse and reverse grades on the coins they encapsulated. Now they just put a grade of the lowest. It is not likely that all coins are equally represented as to grade obverse and reverse, so, why not state it on the slab-as the grader must have an opinion, just state it. Not likely.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim

I have a question about the 1935-S San Diego Commemorative?

The consensus grade is MS 60/63

What might you attribute (factors) for the wide disparage of grade between the two sides?

I have a question about the 1935-S San Diego Commemorative?

The consensus grade is MS 60/63

What might you attribute (factors) for the wide disparage of grade between the two sides?

Part of it is that in the early days of Anacs grading, they only used 60, 63, 65 and 67. Therefor if it didn't meet the 63 grade it would automatically be a 60. Even though today it may be a 62. However, both the San Diego and Pilgrim seem extremely undergraded to me. I would venture to guess, that both coins are easy 64's by today's standards.

JJ