• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Birth year sets

3 posts in this topic

Well, this year I decided to give birth year sets to all my family. I now have 14 other members in my family. A few years ago I gave two of my nephews their sets a 2000 and a 2004.

This year I am giving away the following:

1967 X2

Since I was breaking down some of my albums most of these were easy to build. The 40 and 41 I tried building from my mom's estate of coins received from her Grandmother. Couldn't find all of them so if I had them I added them.

I can't wait to see how they react. Some or all already know I collect coins and seem interested so maybe this will create several more coin collector's. Most of the modern sets I am also giving them proof sets.

Thanks for reading.

That's pretty cool. I gave my nephew a proof set for his birth year last year. I gave my step-daughter one for her birthyear a couple years ago. I have my wife's birthset in a frame on my wall that I made for her last year also.

This is my on going project with my Step-father. He wanted to build "a family tree of birthyear sets." Every set represents a member of the family (in 1 case, 2).

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Forgot to add:

That was a great idea Dwaine. I would try it myself but my family pretty much has zero interest in coin collecting and they think I waste my money buying money. :whatev: