• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wha to do about this penny!

17 posts in this topic

i think i showed this a while back and it was in gov packaging. now i have carefuly taken it out and photoed it. but what to do. do i send to ncs to save the awsome target tone or do i selve soke?

forumcoins001.jpg

forumcoins003.jpg

forumcoins002.jpg

forumcoins004.jpg

forumcoins005.jpg

the problem is the tones kinda blocked out with haze. if the haze wasnt there it would be far better. and the colors only realy show at angle. from front on view it doesnt look that great.

I have never seen or heard of acetone removing toning. I don't think you have any issues on this coin that acetone would work on anyway. All I've ever seen acetone do is clean metal, remove some PVC, glue, tape residue, etc...

if i were to show the first pic with none of the rest you wouldnt even know there are colors there. are yall realy telling me that picture 1 is good and that you can clearly see the tone?

if i were to show the first pic with none of the rest you wouldnt even know there are colors there. are yall realy telling me that picture 1 is good and that you can clearly see the tone?

Ant,

I can clearly see the circle and a couple of bands. Maybe not as colorful as it looks to you. I Can say acetone won't remove the tone,but I can't say if it will fix the problem.