• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what the....

11 posts in this topic

ebay is just giving out numbers for some reason.

i got a call (on my phone)on the 8th from someone who had bought a coin on ebay from me. saying they hadnt recieved an item they bought on the 3rd. now i can understand if it had been 3-5 weeks and nothing but giving out my personal info that soon is just dang "criminal".

the man was very nice when he called and i explained that there was an issue and i had to resend ( usps wont take slips not printed the day of shipping) he was good with that and i resent. now usps has taken there good ol time and i get another call from this person.

i dont mind when i get calls from customers but this one has been on me since they won.

has anyone else had a call from a ebay buyer?

thank god the guy is a nicer man. cause i would be realy mad if it would have been a rude person. i just think they gave my info a lil fast.

giving out your phone number would upset me if i were you. All you need is for person to

give that number to a wake up service and have his friends do the same and your phone will never stop ringing ,seen it happen or at least heard of it happening .

If I'm not mistaken Ant, a buyer or seller can request the contact address and Ph# of any person that there is a won auction with. They have to submit a problem with an item tho'. I had to do this once also when an item didn't show up after 3 weeks. Found out the seller went on vacation and forgot to mail the coin before he left.

eBay has always provided sellers (and buyers) phone numbers when that information is requested and there is a completed transaction between the two parties.

eBay also sends you the requester's contact information when the other party requests yours. It's limited contact info. and vital to the integrity of the auction format.

What else would you have ebay do?

And, James, we all get it: you strongly dislike eBay.

What else would you have ebay do?

tell them to contact me via email. thats what i want them to do. i have sold there for a long time and never ever had my number givin to anyone. then this one they gave it after like 5 days.

comunication is key but on my site its emails. i will never give out a number for a disgruntal person to call. "here yell and harras them not me, here is there number"

this is ebays way of taking the light off of them. when a upset person calls they just give the info so they dont have to hear it. and with a phone number all they have to do is go to the net and can find all sorts of info like address which then can lead to deeper info.

if it was 3 weeks out id say good for them but it was 5 days . the 3rd was a wed and the 8th was a monday that left 2 biz days to get the package to them lol. and did ebay think of this no they just gave my number out to someone.

The terms of service of ebay have always allowed parties to obtain the contact information of others when they have completed a transaction on ebay. YOU agreed to those terms when you agreed to use ebay.

Thanks Tom for stating what I wrote but more succinctly.

The special delight some members take in constantly ridiculing eBay is both annoying and says more about the author of the rant/complainer than it does content.

eBay of course is not without its issues but really, the nitpicking is getting somewhat tired on a coin formatted forum.

I once got a call from a guy who bought from the same person I did. For some reason he thought his package was going to be sent to me. I'm not sure if he got my info from ebay Paypal or jus looked me up from the address/name from the paypal receipt. He was a total spaz too and he just didn't want to hang up. I finally convinced him that I would ship his coins to him if they did show up at my house, which they didn't. That was crazy.

Thanks Tom for stating what I wrote but more succinctly.

The special delight some members take in constantly ridiculing eBay is both annoying and says more about the author of the rant/complainer than it does content.

eBay of course is not without its issues but really, the nitpicking is getting somewhat tired on a coin formatted forum.

please do tell me what it says about me.