• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone want to take a crack at what NGC graded this?

12 posts in this topic

Not knowing the series, this would be purely an uneducated guess. My first impression was something in the AU area. After looking for several minutes, straining my eyes to try to read the image, I'm not so sure. I don't really see any wear and where I thought I did see some, probably was the light blowing out the details. I'll guess at MS63 BN, but could be way out of the ballpark.

I don’t exactly know why there seems to be luster breaks in and around some of the devices, but yet not on other areas, so I’m going with a gut shot of MS-60/61, but my Numismatic heart tells me AU-55

What a range, huh?

It's very hard to grade potential Mint State coins from photos, but here going. To Early American Coppers collector this is probably an AU-55 or 58 coin. I'm guessing that it is in an NGC MS-61,Brown holder.

This 1818 cent, which is the same basic type, is in an NGC MS-63, Brown holder. I agree with the NGC grade. I bought this coin raw about 25 years ago. It was an wedding gift from my wife. :luhv:

1818CentO.jpg1814CentR.jpg

You guys are good!!! The large cent that started this thread graded AU 58 by NGC. Several close guesses, a couple right on the mark!!! I'm impressed.

BillJones, I'm loving that 1818. Is the first 8 upside down or is it just the way I'm looking at it?

RI AL

Burried in a foot of snow since yesterday afternoon and it hasn't stopped yet. Another storm due tonight into tomorrow. (And I gave up MIAMI for THIS ---- :censored:) ?

I love that one Bill! Is that a Randall Hoard cent?

Yep. It's a Newcomb 10 which is a Randall Hoard variety.

BillJones, I'm loving that 1818. Is the first 8 upside down or is it just the way I'm looking at it?

You may have found something! I'll have to look at my die variety books when I get home.