• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANR auction ... Anyone else have problems????

3 posts in this topic

You know, I really like their site, and I think the photography, the coins, are really fantastic. And I really really like the idea that this is (in theory) backed by Q. David Bowers and that whole NH clan, still going on, apart from the Evil Empire.

But this is THE SECOND AUCTION where live internet bidding just did NOT work.

The worst of it is that the VERY COIN that I wanted to bid on live, appeared on my screen as ALREADY CLOSED!!!!! I didn't even get a chance to bid on it (nevermind that the bid would have failed, because I tried bidding on another coin and it just didn't go through).

I know, I should have placed my max bid prior to the auction, and I did, but it was exceeded, and I didn't have a chance because of their dang software.

Well, I just had to vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sumo.gif

sign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gifsign-rantpost.gif

Sorry, but live internet bidding really sucks for practicaly all companies. If you want the coin that bad you need to bid early.

It might have nothing to do with the auction site. Internet traffic might be high at that moment. The DNS server times out for a few seconds. Your computer could be slow do to something unexpected (anti-virus updating automatically, etc).