• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A thread from across the street about some coin rarities going up on display.

3 posts in this topic

TWO OF THE ULTIMATE REGISTRY COINS WILL BE ON DISPLAY AT THE UPCOMING BALTIMORE SHOW

Gee, I remember back when these two coins would just be referred to as Numasmatic Rarities. Glad to know they have moved up in the world thanks to the registry.

Just imagine how much these coins would be worth if they were in the right slab!

I wonder if the registry were to go away tomorrow would these two registry coins be worth anything?

I`m a bit stand - offish about the registry myself ( like I really have anything that isn`t common ).I have one complete set and two partial sets that would fit into the definition of a registry set. But still it wouldn`t benifit me to register them and far from the reason why I collect the items I do. I like Legend and I think most people don`t have problem with her. The difference I think is that I`m not in it to make a buck and self promotion. Legend is a dealer thats like any other business person and that is making a profit and self promotion. But I agree with Greg that throwing figures around and the term " registry " deminishes from the main focus and that being the coins that`s being discussed.