• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction is OPEN!!!

26 posts in this topic

http://www.seizedpropertyauctions.com/

If you are interested in any of the coins or other items, the auction is now open for bids and will only be so for a week. All you have to pay is $3.99 for the ability to place bids here and NO COMMISION on final selling price!

Only if you are interested, tho. 893blahblah.gif or thumbsup2.gif

David

Ok, guys and gals! Auction closes Sunday @ 6 P.M. PST!!!

I think I see several members bidding there. Hope you get the ones you want. Hoot, jtwax, and anyone else into Jeffs---the album of BUs is MINE!!!!!!!!

please??? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

David

Yup, just the $3.99 and away you go! No final closing price commish. Can pay the $3.99 (and I would imagine the final bid wins) by PayPal too!

Deal, Hoot!

David

I put in some bids but was outbid quickly. It appears that most of the prices are just outright stupid. $130+ for an off-center 1983 quarter!? $300+ for a 1980 5c struck on 1c plan!? Some really steep prices that I can live without.

David - I see the BU nickel set is only a partial set and is up to $230+. I know that you can get complete BU sets with proofs on eBay for around $350.

I once had the immense displeasure of sitting though a confiscated goods sale through the US govenment. It was held in a huge warehouse in an industrial part of Torrance, CA. All sorts of items, including fancy cars, boats, beanie babies, coins and currency were be auctioned off. One thing that made me a bit leary was before you could purchase the items you bid on, you have to supply your social security number and sensitive information to the auctioneers. The auctioneer explained that sometimes the owner of the confiscated goods would buyback their items, thus they performed a cursory audit of your SS# to make sure you were not the confiscation owner. I took it as one more way of the government monitoring your purchases. In addition, the coins being auctioned went for multiples of gray sheet, mostly $3 proof sets selling for $20, etc.

TRUTH

So how did everyone do? Did anyone actually bid on anything? I couldn't even get thru to their server to see what was going on. Last time I looked though everything was too overbid anyway. sumo.gif

As far as I can tell, this is a private company with absolutely no affiliation with the Federal government, therefore, most everything being auctioned is likely shilled to the limit so that only a sucker will end up being high bidder. That's why it "only" costs a few bucks to register to bid.

I thought that too Tom. They are not a fededral agency I'm certain, although I believe they are some sort of contractor (or sub-sub contractor)? I can't imagine the feds charging a registration fee tonofbricks.gif. Do the feds do that at their publicly attended auctions? Also, maybe it's me, but their website design seems off for a gov.'t agency 893naughty-thumb.gif. Granted that's a hunch, but hunches have saved me alot in the past. thumbsup2.gif

I thought that too Tom. They are not a fededral agency I'm certain, although I believe they are some sort of contractor (or sub-sub contractor)? I can't imagine the feds charging a registration fee tonofbricks.gif. Do the feds do that at their publicly attended auctions?

I've gone to government run auctions before and I never paid a reg fee. I've had to put down a deposit of a couple hundred dollars, but it was never a fee.

I thought that too Tom. They are not a fededral agency I'm certain, although I believe they are some sort of contractor (or sub-sub contractor)?

Are you a government agency?

Federal Asset Recovery Services and its official Web site “SeizedPropertyAuctions.com” is a private corporation which specializes in liquidating assets of all types. We extend our expertise and services to state and federal agencies, local municipalities, police departments, lending institutions, the business and legal communities and the general public.

I also ended up bidding on nothing. The prices went out the roof as far as I could tell. Seems odd that those coins did so well raw when others slabbed by ANACS, NGC, or PCGS don't do nearly as well over the internet. Go figure. Perhaps a lot of flea market sellers buy from them. tongue.gif

Hoot

I bid early on about 7 or 8 items, including several foreign gold coins. Never had one (foreign OR american) and thought that I might have a chance with a couple of them. By mid-week, they were still relatively low by book value so was high bidder on 3-4 of them including the Jeff set. But by Satuday, they were all going up-up-up, so I dropped out of all but the Jeff set and decided to put all my money there.

I know there was no mention of whether or not any of them were FS and I could not get them to answer my email on it, but I am hoping there are SOME in it. I also know that I could have gotten a BU MS non-FS set off eBay for alot less then the $255. I got the set for, but thats only $3.60 per nickel and should most or all of them be non-FS, if they are BU and good strikes, I might get back most of my money. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Really do not know what to expect from the set, but will post my findings after it arrives.

Hoot, I already have a 1959 MS64+ with 5-5-5-5, so I'll send the "darky" to you provided it isn't a better grade w/steps!

jt, saw your bid in on the 5c on a 1c planchet, saw it sell for the $300. insane.gif

David

We extend our expertise and services to state and federal agencies, local municipalities, police departments, lending institutions, the business and legal communities and the general public.

Note carefully the language here. We extend our expertise... This is like me saying I extend my expertise to political leaders worldwide. The fact that none of them accept it is completely ignored in my statement.

When I see double talk like that, I run as fast as possible in the opposite direction. Always trust your internal bullshyte detector.

Beijim

I know there was no mention of whether or not any of them were FS and I could not get them to answer my email on it, but I am hoping there are SOME in it. I also know that I could have gotten a BU MS non-FS set off eBay for alot less then the $255. I got the set for, but thats only $3.60 per nickel and should most or all of them be non-FS, if they are BU and good strikes, I might get back most of my money. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Really do not know what to expect from the set, but will post my findings after it arrives.

David

Good luck on your set David. Let me know if there were any varieties in there.

David! I'm glad you won the set and I hope that it is truly exceptional. grin.gif I've bought several BU sets, including one I paid $400 for! 893whatthe.gif However, none were bought sight-unseen. Yet, just try and assemble a non-FS but choice/gem set of Jeffersons from 38-64 one coin at a time! Right?! It will take a fair bit of looking and a lot more than a couple hundred bucks now. So, my fingers are crossed for you, and maybe you will have some real great pieces to crow about! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And I look forward to that darkie! insane.gif

Hoot

Thank you, jt-hoot! I really appreciate the thumbsup2.gif and the 893crossfingers-thumb.gif!

Means a lot from you two! Grades, steps, then varieties will be the order of the day when they arrive. Hope some of them can go into my book!

David

Thank you, jt-hoot! I really appreciate the thumbsup2.gif and the 893crossfingers-thumb.gif!

Means a lot from you two! Grades, steps, then varieties will be the order of the day when they arrive. Hope some of them can go into my book!

David

Is there a return policy? grin.gif

Leo

((( Do any of you know who these people are? )))

gmarguli, do tell!

James

I wish I could tell. I have no idea. They could be anyone from scammers to a major coin dealer. All I knew is that it didn't look right.

RETURN POLICY

"For on line auctions---

We offer a money back guarantee if the item is not as described, although some restrictions apply and returns may be subject to a 10% restocking fee. Minor imperfections shall not be cause for voiding a sale. Only coins in the original heat sealed packages may be returned. Items are generally sold "as is-where is" unless otherwise stated."

David

After looking through the auction, I was reminded very much of the "look and feel" of the on-line auctions that Scotsman runs (www.scoins.com). Don't know if it's significant - maybe they just run the same/similar auction software.

James