• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt Digs Today...

8 posts in this topic

At a rustic park, nice November afternoon hiking here in N. Calif. Sorry about the bad pic of the dime. I don't know how to scan or take pictures of coins close-up.

1935 Winged Liberty Dime

1946-S Wheat (not cleaned up yet.)

100 Yrs Western Electric 1869-1969 keychain (On back says if found, return to such-n-such address in NY, should I? Nah.)

The letter A.

fa6e95ba.jpg

It's one of those "IF FOUND DROP IN ANY MAILBOX" then they provide the address. Also, there is an ID number (like a rabies tag number) that would identify the owner. I dare not drop it any mailbox as all concerned could be dead. I could, however, send a postcard to the PO Box stating what I found and the ID number...Afterall, it's not like a class ring being found, which happens fairly regularly on the beaches up here. Last week a club member located the owner of a ring found this year and lost in 1959. It made headlines in the Santa Cruz newspaper.

Put it on eBay. Screw the owner.

BTW, any keys on it?

No one will buy that piece o'cr-ap!

No keys on it. But we dig up a key almost everytime we go out.

We have dug up much older fobs, like John Deere commemorative, etc., in this former agriculture/orchard town. Right across the street from me must have been a livery stable/feed supply store because when he dug up his driveway I found all sorts of agriculture stuff from the 20's-30's.

Great post! I wish NGC had a metal detecting forum like PCGS. Their forum is very interesting. Thanks for sharing, TJ.

I don't think a separate forum for MDing is needed. The one across the street often languishes for days on end. "Coin Tangents" is a nice umbrella that covers the ocassional MD post. JMHO.

Great post! I wish NGC had a metal detecting forum like PCGS. Their forum is very interesting. Thanks for sharing, TJ.

I don't think a separate forum for MDing is needed. The one across the street often languishes for days on end. "Coin Tangents" is a nice umbrella that covers the ocassional MD post. JMHO.

Good point. I'd just like to see more posts about it.