• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what to do with all these dansco albums that I have lot intereset in completingA

10 posts in this topic

I don't see how you could lose interest in a Dansco album. They look soo nice on a bookcase or computer desk. They are also nice conversation starters for those that notice them.

As a person that just went through it .. both singly and albums

Pick out the prime coins and sell separately

Then create year sets of the rest like I did with the Buffalo's P&D&S sets

worked well

Then the books themselves, sell well as long as the sliders are in good shape ,

I have some if you need sliders that are not scraped up - PM Me

Mike

About the only coins that make sense selling as sets are things like mint sets, Proof sets and sets of modern coins like Roosevelt dimes or Franklin half dollars. And in the case sof the Roosevelt and Franklin coins, the coins are either circulated or run of the mill lower end Mint State stuff.

The trouble with selling other complete sets is that collectors don't want to buy coins they can't use. Therefore a lot of your potential bidders are out from the get-go. Sell the coins as singles if they have enough value to rate that. You will be better off.

Sell the coins as singles if they have enough value to rate that. You will be better off.

The other issue with selling ALL singley is the fees - Thats why I lumped up year sets when the "good" stuff was gone ... Saves time AND money ..

Thanks for all the advice. I have made birth year sets for my family out of some of the coins. The rest I am selling individual and as year sets. I have started with the Kennedy's and Sac's. It also appears that some of the coins are better to send in and get graded and sell that way but only if they grade high enough.