• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have a NCS or PCGS Genuine coin in their Registry set?

9 posts in this topic

I'm not positive, but doesn't the coin that is entered have to have a cert number? If that's the case an NCS coins wouldn't be eligible since they don't issue certification numbers on their holder.

I just went to Heritage and found an NCS coin and it does have a certification number. Here is the link http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=28112&Lot_No=22408&src=pr

Well I stand corrected. :blush: I have some around here some place, but I'm sure they are the same as the one linked. In that case, I don't know if they are eligible for the Registry or not. My gut feeling is no, but what do I know. :D

Moosesr.

I just went back to the PCGS site and checked the registry rules and found no mention of NGC nor NCS coins, either for inclusion in a set or as "not allowed". Sorry if I passed on bad information in my first reply. :(

PCGS does accept their "genuine" no grade PCGS certified coins on their registry. I read that somewhere. The coins are given 1 registry point, and I would presume are included in their percentage of completion stats if they keep up with that. I don’t know that they do because I have never bothered to participate in the PCGS registry in any way because they won’t accept NGC graded coins.