• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoot is at it again!

18 posts in this topic

I just read Mark Hooten's latest article in the Coin World monthly price addition. It discusses strike designations in use by the different TPG's and how they differ between service. It was a great read and was very well done.

Mark, it's gotten so that whenever I read an article I've started checking the byline just to see if I'm reading more of your handiwork. grin.gif

Thank you RWW!!! hi.gif It was a fun and challenging article to write. The discussions on these boards were inpirational! 893scratchchin-thumb.gifinsane.gif

Next up - Jefferson nickels of 1938-42! I'm having more fun than any one person deserves! popcorn.gif

Hoot

OK, that does it! Why is it started writing these articles AFTER I stopped my subscription to CW? Hmmm...? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do you have all the articles you wrote in Word or .pdf file that you can send me, Hoot? laugh.gif PM me!

jom

"Photocopy? C'mon! Join the 21st century! What did you do TYPE it up and send it to CW?...lol"

Okay, so I'm antiquated and slightly naive. sorry.gif What's the alternative?

By the way, I saw Coin Values on the shelf at Hastings tonight. I was surprised, as I didn't know it was an independent pub and thought it only came once a month with Coin World.

Hoot

re: By the way, I saw Coin Values on the shelf at Hastings tonight. I was surprised, as I didn't know it was an independent pub and thought it only came once a month with Coin World.

Nope, they announced with the commencement of the new name and format that it would be sold in newstands.

Hey Mark,

Great article. I was in my "office," where I do my finest reading and I'm reading this great article, very to the point, basic, and factual, and I think, 'hey, is this the article I heard Mark wrote?' Sure enough. It was. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for the kind words Robert and Doug! Mr. Hoot sounds like too much of a mouthful for me. 27_laughing.gif And Robert - most of my thinking is fairly basal, or basic, or some such thing! insane.gif

Hoot

Are your articles on the net somewhere?

If you HAVE to photocopy them then go ahead... PM me, Hoot.

jom

If you're a subscriber to CW online, then you can get those from earlier this year. (I'm not a subscriber to the online edition). As for the Coin Values, they're only on paper, I believe. (But I'm not certain! blush.gif)

Hoot

No on the CW subcription... frown.gif

Nah...the way I figured it is that when you wrote the articles for CW you, at least, did them on your computer then sent them to CW for editing. At least, that is how I probably would have done it. So I just figured you had the articles in SOME form on your computer somewhere.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe it's time I go get a CW subscribtion again.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Hoot or Mr. Hoot. That is the question! Ah, but I have a better idea!

MOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin.gif

Outstanding work again, Mark! I'm gonna want your autograph when next in Vegas! On the articles no less! Then they might be sellable on eBay! blush.gif

Just kidding!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

David

I never mentioned how much I enjoyed these articles because this thread was gone by the time I even got the first part.

Thanks Hoot. Good job.