• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC's Superbowl of grading?

8 posts in this topic

To all NGC staff:

Since PCGS is putting on a 'world series' of grading, the response has been interesting, but the $50 entrance fee is silly. If NGC were to put on a "superbowl" of grading with little or no entrance fee, better PR and grading tiers for different series, I think NGC might just kick some butt. What do you think?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

thumbsup2.gif

Also, perhaps get the contestants into a room with one of the real NGC graders and have him explain why a coin graded a certain way. Wonderful learning experience and NGC can promote their commitment to education in their ads.

I think the $50. entrance fee is to weed out those that wouldn't take it seriously.

Kind of like world class poker competitions held in Las Vegas.

It seems like a reasonable buy-in to me and a fun contest to boot!

Plus, TRUTH: How often do you get to turn $50. into $,5000.00? You know you've got a better than 50/50 shot at winning if you entered!

Plus, TRUTH: How often do you get to turn $50. into $,5000.00? You know you've got a better than 50/50 shot at winning if you entered!

I read it as everyone pays $50 to take a shot and then 2 people are picked from all those to go head-to-head. Maybe I read it wrong?

I think the $50. entrance fee is to weed out those that wouldn't take it seriously.

Kind of like world class poker competitions held in Las Vegas.

It seems like a reasonable buy-in to me and a fun contest to boot!

Well if PCGS graders are picking the winner(s) I think we may see yet another form of PCGS grader inconsistency. 27_laughing.gif

Although limited in its scope, I think that it would be fun for NGC to post coins of all grades on a website to allow individuals to test/train their knowledge.