• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tonights Trivia Question

32 posts in this topic

I think I hit reply before you hit edit. Frank C. Ross in his collum forHOBBIES mag. I don't have date but i had to before 1947 because the first REDBOOK had a reference to it. CHRIS

EVP sorry about not looking to see what has been asked before. I just wanted to start up trivia again and I'm Reading Bowers UNITED STATES DIMES, QUARTERS, and HALF DOLLARS> That is where I got it from. CHRIS

Sean,

I did know that you'd know the answer. Too bad that you didn't bother to venture your way here then.

Now, go learn something else. Go look at the scans that Keith put up of my newp. Tell me what's so special about it. Remember -- you need to impress TDN!

smile.gif

EVP

EVP: I got this info from TDN's website so you have to look at the source wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif . 1876P TYPE II/II Is very rare. In a survey of 21 apperance of MS 1876P Trade Dollars Mark Borkardt only found one example. CHRIS

EVP,

I KNEW you were gonna ask that. Ok, I cant remember the diffrence between the TI & II obv, but the diffrence on the reverse is the berries under the claw. I think? I believe the TII has 2 berries & the T1 has 3?

Yes, Chris, the '76 II/II is very rare. Only a handful of confirmed specimens are known. I think the estimate is something like 10% or so of the total '76 population. Maybe less...

Sean, I was not asking how to discern between the two rev types. And, yes, you are correct.

EVP

Oh... I knew it was pretty rare... doh!!! Ive had several exchanges w/ Shiro on the CU forum via PM. Hes big into the TI/I I/II II/II varities. While on the subject of TII reverses, seen any nice TII reverse 1876-CC dimes? smile.gif

all 1876 dimes (p,s,cc) have either a Type I reverse or a type II reverse. The most common of the 3 is the P, followed by the S and lastly and very hard to come across CC. I used to pick off atleast 2 a months on ebay, havnt gotten one in 3 months now, long over due!!

The diffrence.

The type I the left side of the ribbon on the reverse will end in a fork shape, it will splut. The Type II reverse left ribbons end in a single "point".

Darnit... I hit reply a lil to early...

Other key diffrence.

TI - reverse again- The "E" in dime will appear to slmost touch the wreath.

TII- The "E" will be clearly farther spaced out from the wreath.

Lemme go look through my library for some scans of my 76 dimes so I can show you the diffrence. I hope I can find them in my CD, because i left most my varities at home frown.gif

i-2.JPG 76-CC TII notice the left ribbon & the E in Dime?

1883inANACSMS63.jpg couldnt find a 76cc TII let alone a 76 anything TII. Anyways, 1883 has the TII rev. Take notice of the left ribbon end & the E in dime